Camillus Collectors Club

Welcome to the Club! You are not late at all. As a matter of fact the club knife will be announced in the next newsletter.

Thanks for the warm welcome to the club.
I am hoping that the "club" knife might just be a slipjoint of some type???
Looking forward to my first newsletter,even though I have used and owned knives for years I am new to knife collecting and seem to have gone a little crazy of slipjoints in particular!

Cheers, :cool: :eek:
Kap

It MAY be a slip joint. Can't quite let the cat out of the bag just yet! ;) This one is going to at least as nice as last years with an extra little surprize.

Well I signed up on June 16th and still no club package yet! :eek:
I am just wondering what is going on ? :rolleyes:

Thanks,
Kap

Well CCC its now to the point where I have given up the hope of receiving my club package and newsletter :eek: ............pretty disapointing :grumpy:

Kap

kk,
I sent out the packet a second time, I believe, it was on the 25th of September. It was the same day you emailed me your address.

Thanks for the reply.........good to know all hope isn't lost yet! :)
On the other hand the postal system seems to have "lost" two knives I recently bought to the tune of $200 Canuck bucks! :grumpy:

Kap :D

My new Camillus USMC combat knife just arrived today.

I'm convinced that there is no better knife out there for the money.

A couple of questions:

1) Is the lanyard hole at the bottom point of the leather sheath supposed to have a metal grommet or eyelet through it? My sheath has no such grommet or metal eyelet, though it has stamp marks impressed *around* the hole which seem to indicate that one may once have been there. If there is no grommet, I think it would improve the design it one were added.

2) The end of the tang, where it meets the buttcap on the handle, is slightly recessed on my knife. In other words, the end of the tang stops about 1/8" short of being flush with the cap. Is this a potential problem or weakness? It seems to me that the strongest design would be for the tang to extend fully into the cap, so that it is flush. The way mine is, water could easily collect in the gap, and seep into the handle along the tang, causing rot or rust. I am wondering if this is normal, or if it is a minor defect due to mass production?

3) What is the purpose of the "blood groove"? I have heard that it supposedly helps to free the blade after a stab, but I suspect this explanation is a myth. I am thinking that it is simply a cost-saving measure to reduce the amount of metal required to make the blade.

Thanks for any feedback,

Stephen J.

CCC......I am wondering just what is going on here.. :rolleyes: ..I joined on June17 and despite numerous promises that I would get my club package it has yet to appear. :eek:
I am very disapointed in the club so far........maybe a refund is in order? :confused:

Kap :mad:

Rick,I received my club package today.....thank you

Kap

Now I need to read it and look at that club knife!!!

Hello Rick, please check your email....I sent you one awhile ago and was wondering if you got it?

Thanks,
Kap

I am a life member of the club but I have not heard from them in at least a couple of years. Camillus does not answer my emails. The club does not exist.

Back