Camillus Cutlery knife giveaway!

Discussion in 'Camillus Collector's Forum' started by Phil Gibbs, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Guyon

Guyon Biscuit Whisperer Staff Member Super Mod

Mar 15, 2000
    A little birdy name Bladite said something in a post, but that was during Blade, and I didn't know if my leg was getting pulled.

2. Phil Gibbs

Phil Gibbs Cutlery Student Platinum Member

Nov 11, 1998
    How confident are you it was your leg he was reaching for? :D

3. Shepherd Jim

Shepherd Jim

Mar 21, 2010
    Hello Vit_213

Is there any stamping on the reverse sides of those blades? This is the first S702 I've seen with white/cream handles.

I can see the LIPIC stamp on the blade of smaller jack -- is there anything about the S702 to connect it to LIPIC as well?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  4. TheUSMC2017

TheUSMC2017

Nov 24, 2010
    [​IMG]
    US Navy Marlin Spike.This knife is important to me because it was my first Camillus knife, given to me by my father. Honestly, I don't really know that much about this knife, or Camillus cutlery itself. Just thought this was a good place to share it.

5. Shepherd Jim

Shepherd Jim

Mar 21, 2010
    Hey TheUSMC2017,

If you want to find out more about Camillus THIS is the place. Phil Gibbs, the guy who started this thread, actually worked at Camillis -- he might have made your knife!

If you want to research "spike knives" you should check out Toby Gibson's webpages The Sailing Knife and we have a group Nautical Knives, Art and Collectables over on the iKC knife forums.
    Jim
    PS -- did you flip the photo of your knife? If not, it might be real collector's rarity -- the blade's nail nick is usually on the "other" side. ;-)

6. Vit_213

Vit_213

Feb 4, 2011
    Hello Shepherd Jim
    On the reverse side of LIPIC there is nothing.

S702
    [​IMG]

I would also like to know more information about these knives.
    I hope Tom Williams and Phil Gibbs tell something :)

7. Shepherd Jim

Shepherd Jim

Mar 21, 2010
    Tom, is there an association between the white-handled S702 and LIPIC Pen Co.? BTW: what determined if the can opener blade was stamped "CAN OPENER" or not?
    [​IMG]

8. CAMCO

CAMCO Moderator Moderator

Dec 29, 1999
    The can opener in the model #S-702 is the same one that is used in the model #S1760 MIL-K knife. So it may or may not be stamped depending what was available when the knife was made. I do not recall that Camillus ever made the model #S-702 for LIPIC. They normally ordered small 2 blade knives with white or cracked ice handles.
    Tom Williams

9. Shepherd Jim

Shepherd Jim

Mar 21, 2010
    Tom, as always, thank you for your input.

So, how many different handle materials do you remember being put on the S702? Awhile back I saw one handled in "tortoise shell" which I assumed was a re-handle.

10. Mountainwind

Mountainwind

Mar 13, 2006
    I'm glad this contest is over.. the thought of dragging out boxes and going through them doesn't sit well...
    I do have one I received in a trade for a book a few years ago :) that I need to dig out and ask about...

11. paul'ie

paul'ie

Jun 6, 2012
    Just today, I found a Vintage Camillus U. S. Made U. S. Marshal commemorative Trapper, I also have a Western Bowie 49 sold by Coleman, The Slipjoint is in the original box in mint condition, My Bowie is slightly used heh heh heh. ,, . Any idea on worth ? Thanx You in advance. ,, .

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

12. paul'ie

paul'ie

Jun 6, 2012
    Oh, I also have a U. S. A. Made 2Blade Barlow with fancy Bolster's

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

13. Neko2

Neko2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 18, 2003
    A giveaway thread from 5 years ago is probably not the right place to get a value on a knife.
    Also I think you need to be gold level or above to ask value.

14. RickR

RickR

Jul 4, 1999
    From Moderator Esav Benyamin

What is my knife worth ???

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    In order to curtail potential abuse of membership privileges associated with the forums, questions regarding valuation of knives and collections are limited to those with a membership level which permits selling on this site. Accordingly, registered and basic members may not start or post in threads with such requests whether with the intent to sell or for informational purposes only.