Camillus Marlin Spike Knife

Discussion in 'Camillus Collector's Forum' started by Vit_213, Jan 14, 2013.

1. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    City, that is a great picture of your half of sailors.

2. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    I am happy to have acquired another Marlin Spike knife.

Before
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. John A. Larsen

John A. Larsen

Jan 15, 2001
    Thinking back on the knife i bought in Naha, on Black Market alley, I seem to remember there was a very faint marking on the blade of 'US Navy". John

4. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    I know this is an old thread but I am a fan of 697's. Picked up another so here are some pictures.

Before
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After Clean Up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Whole Collection
    [​IMG]

eveled likes this.
  5. David Martin

David Martin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Here's another one from Camillus a 1972 Yachtsman. DM
    Yacht315.jpg

edbeau likes this.
  6. jux t

jux t Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2018
    I bought one around 2012, marked "case". It was new, bought in an old general store in Sparta, NC. As I understand, these were made by camillus.

Unfortunately, there was a crack around a pin. I did not know any better at the time, and sent it in to Case for warranty work. They said that they can't replace it, and let me pick a replacement. They told me I could have any folding knife, with any handle material, and any shield. So I exchanged it for a trapper with antique white scales and a fish shield.

Two years ago I sold off that knife. Really wish I would have kept the marlin spike. They are rather neat.

7. moresnowdays

moresnowdays KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 13, 2015
    I have a Camillus 697 that I think is older, but in fairly nice shape. I was thinking of selling it. Can anyone give me an idea what it might be worth?