Camillus Marlin Spike Knife

Thinking back on the knife i bought in Naha, on Black Market alley, I seem to remember there was a very faint marking on the blade of 'US Navy". John

I know this is an old thread but I am a fan of 697's. Picked up another so here are some pictures.

Before
7T7tpaQ.jpg

JOnArV9.jpg

After Clean Up
n9Eeovp.jpg

SB97Tht.jpg

Whole Collection
iSoxaXC.jpg

I bought one around 2012, marked "case". It was new, bought in an old general store in Sparta, NC. As I understand, these were made by camillus.

Unfortunately, there was a crack around a pin. I did not know any better at the time, and sent it in to Case for warranty work. They said that they can't replace it, and let me pick a replacement. They told me I could have any folding knife, with any handle material, and any shield. So I exchanged it for a trapper with antique white scales and a fish shield.

Two years ago I sold off that knife. Really wish I would have kept the marlin spike. They are rather neat.

I have a Camillus 697 that I think is older, but in fairly nice shape. I was thinking of selling it. Can anyone give me an idea what it might be worth?

Back