Camillus Rough Cut stockman RC-UH1

The Rought Cut 4" stockman is about the last of any of the Camillus knives I can find with any distributors. They are being sold off in bulk pack( no box) as far as I know.
The Rough Cut series was made in the work knife line of traditional pocket knives by Camillus for some time. I really don't know how long. As far as I know none have been made by anyone other than Camillus, China or otherwise.
The ones I have are tang etched "Camillus Made in the USA". They are not razor sharp and the liners are stainless steel, is all the difference I can see on them. I am not really all that sure that the edge sharpness is really different. Most of the Camillus traditional pocket knives I have handled came pretty sharp but by no means razor sharp. So the stainless steel liners may be the only difference.
The nickel silver bolsters are finished with a nice mirror polish. The blades are finished finer than Brushed but not nearly mirror finish.
I sell them for $19.95 which includes shipping so that is right around what you folks are talking about price.
I just bought up a few dozen since all the other Camillus were already snatched up. I will keep a couple of them for a few years just to have the example. Like I said I am selling the rest.
Ed

Attachments

• 000_1844.jpg
    000_1844.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 000_1846.jpg
    000_1846.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 45
I have been carrying my black delrin one as my EDC for a while, and I think it might be stainless. Others on here have said it is carbon steel, but it doesn't rust like carbon in my pocket.

I acquired mine several years back on the secondary market for just about what some members here have quoted what current wholesale pricing is. This pocketknife has no tang stamp or any stamps anywhere on the blades. It does have the Camillus Rough Cut Tobacco Stockman etch and the oval Camillus shelid. Two out of three carbon steel blades came sharp but the spey blade was down right dull. My diamond stones made short work of that though. The f & f was OK, but the sheepsfoot and the main blade did rub a bit. The bolsters were nicely polished, no blade wobble on any blade whatsoever and superb snap on all three blades. I have got to say I have used and slightly abused this knife on numerous occasions and it stands up to all I have thrown at it and then some. I have always edc'd this knife in a leather belt sheath as it is just a bit too large for comfortable pocket carry IMO.

The photo seen here is as new and it has developed a pretty nice silvery patina over time. All in all I must declare that I have purchased a lot more expensive knives with no where near the quality of this knife. Suffice it to say that I am plenty happy with this old slippy.

000_1321.jpg

BTW, does anyone know the exact type of steel used on these knives?

Latest few I got in did have a tang marking, etched not stamped. Also showing the little feller, referred to as the 'center lock' by ebay sellers. Just the typical old time brass 'push' safety device.

And what the heck, here is an example of the model 26 grandpa, with carbon steel blades. Going price is still a bargain for this pattern of knife.

camillustangstamp.jpg

CAmillus26.jpg

I tryed to buy three of these stockmans over the weekend from a vender I like but they were out of stock.

Are these all in the hands of private sellers now and ebay?

Sunnyd, I just won one on Ebay for 11.00 + 6.00 shipping. How did I do?

You did great!.:thumbup: They are getting about $17.-$20. for them at my local shows typically. You should see a rise in value soon due to the Camillus plant closing. But for now you can still get them quite reasonably. They are very sound users and any knife you can buy for under 20.USD that's made in the USA is a blessing in my book.

Post a picture when you get her.

I didn't know the liners were steel.It's solid, but not the quality of a regular Camillus.Blades are nice.I like it.Photobucket is down for the count tonight.My mind is driven to buy some more of the Mooremakers in horn, and I'm starting to transform my collection into Stockmans and a few ad knives.

Back