camillus sailor's rigging knife

Tom, in what year made this knife?
I supposes in 1991 as the 50th anniversary of Perlharbor

Vit_213,
It may have been the 50th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor. I don't think it was over 20 years ago, maybe more like 10 years ago. The knives may have been a special order for Smoky Mountain Knife Works. If anyone has some of their older catalogs it may help determine the age. Unfortunately my records mostly cover up through 1988. After 1988 all the records were computerized and periodically deleted. I have several computer reports and I will see if that knife is listed.
I enjoy reading your posts on BladeForums. You must have quite a collection of Camillus knives. How do you get them in Moscow, Russia? Ebay? Camillus did have dealers in Europe, but I do not remember any in Russia.
If you ever need any information on Camillus knives I will be glad to help. I am an old timer and I am not very proficient on the computer. I drive an 80+ year old car because I can find the dipstick for the oil. I am very low tech. My brother has been showing me how to use a scanner. Mike (sac troop) has been a big help and has been posting photos/literature for me on BladeForums. I have a lot of Camillus and Western items that I would like to share with fellow knife collectors. I have always made photocopies of my records available to anyone without cost. Dale and Larry have been great about adding Camillus items to the Camillus Collectors website.
Please let me know what interests you and I will see what I can find. I contacted sac troop on the weekend and he is going to post photos of the component parts of a Mc-1 Paratrooper's knife. Collectors are curios about the inner workings of this knife. I have an MC-1 that has an automatic opening shroud cutter and a manually opening clip blade. Opposite of the production MC-1. It was made at Camillus, but nobody knows the maker.
I have an original SHERWOOD brand knife that I am going to photograph and post on BF. Charles Sherwood built the original knife factory in Camillus in 1894. The original building exists, but may be torn down by the developers that recently purchased the Camillus Cutlery Co. buildings. I have several old photos of the 1894 building.

Tom Williams

Thank you, Tom!
I am very glad to have the opportunity to talk with such people as you and Phil :)
In Russia, the Camillus dealer appeared in 2005. I know some people who worked there at the time. They carried a lot of expensive knives, but few cheap knives - it was a business. Therefore, in Russia even now easier to buy a pompous CUDA, than the classic Camillus.

Last edited:
Camillus Sailors Knife (pattern #425/1)

0_8c56f_c13ea727_XL.jpg.jpg

Back