Camillus + Santa Fe Stoneworks

I look forward that Tom and Phil will tell us many of interesting information about this collaboration :).

NAHC Hunting Heritage Knife
0_81477_3dd49dca_XL.jpg

0_81478_79e71a6f_XL.jpg

Last edited:
Does not look correctly riveted to me.

May be a setup piece? I have a couple of different Schrade patterns like that. Sifting through the debris sold at the liquidation auctions can be a chore. Often the sellers tried (mis) matching parts to partially assembled frames (set up pieces) to market them as "kits".

This piece was recently identified by member, former Schrade and CSC cutler Eric:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1351990-Help-with-this-item-Factory-artifact

Last edited:
Phil, what do you mean? The rivets were longer but the owner cut them off with a dremel tool or a hack saw. Do you mean the placement of the rivits? I will get my 886's and check them against this one.

My 886's are nickle/silver not brass. That is odd. This is a before picture of one I have because it is easier to see the pins.

Phil, what do you mean? The rivets were longer but the owner cut them off with a dremel tool or a hack saw. Do you mean the placement of the rivits? I will get my 886's and check them against this one.

I think what Phil meant was that the pocket pin (pivot) is not riveted correctly to fill the counterbore on the bolster for when the knife is finished and the mid pin may not be peened enough to hold the knife together. The butt pins appear to be okay, in my opinion.

My 886's are nickle/silver not brass. That is odd. This is a before picture of one I have because it is easier to see the pins.

I believe the pocket pins were all nickel silver or stainless steel. I don't remember making them with brass - too soft I believe.

RickR, there is still material on the pivot pin so I can peen it more before filing it off. The guy that started the project had never done anything like this before. Thanks for your help.

I think what Phil meant was that the pocket pin (pivot) is not riveted correctly to fill the counterbore on the bolster for when the knife is finished and the mid pin may not be peened enough to hold the knife together. The butt pins appear to be okay, in my opinion.

Yup!
Pins should not have been shortened before riveting.
There is a reason we assembled them that way. :D

I assume Santa Fe Stoneworks had a working relationship with Camillus in order to buy unassembled knife parts?

The lower knife in this scan if from SF Stoneworks:

peanuts.jpg

Bob W - Actually I believe Camillus had a small percentage of ownership of Santa Fe at one time. We made several different skeletons for Santa Fe to work their magic on.

Back