Camillus Stockman with Bail?

Hi, guys

So I was cleaning out my stuff recently, and came across an old Camillus Stockman that caught my attention.
This one has a clip point large blade, sheepsfoot blade, and a spey blade. But, it also has a bail.

Does anyone know more about this knife? I've seen another example with a bail but it was inscribed with the Boy Scout's logo. This does not have that.

I've been carrying this knife the past couple of days and absolutely enjoy it. The Spey blade is my ultra sharp scalpel, sheepsfoot does all the dirty work, opening boxes, etc, and the clip point is for larger tasks.

Any help is appreciated with this knife, thanks.

Don't know about this particular knife, but by looking at the tang stamp, it appears that it was made between 1960-1976.

The Boy Scout Stockman (CAMW3L) that you refer to was only made in 1985 as a special 75th Anniversary knife. It also appears that the knife had a pen blade in place of a spey.

It's a very interesting knife. I hope someone can shed some more light on it. What's the closed length?

The pin looks a little mangled. It may be added on from another knife by a previous owner. Wouldn't be too hard to do.--KV

The pin looks a little mangled. It may be added on from another knife by a previous owner. Wouldn't be too hard to do.--KV

I agree kvaughn and also the placement of the bail IMO is wrong it should be at the butt of the knife.
Here's a couple of examples of Camillus bail placement.

L6nAges.jpg

tTW6ZW0.jpg

Original or added later it is a cool stockman. :)
I've often wondered why a bail was not standard on a stockman, they are (were?) a "work knife", so a lanyard (as opposed to a fob) would make sense, to prevent loss.

Thanks guys. Closed length is about 2 3/4 inches.
I thought the placement was odd but it's been a little workhorse. This makes my 3rd camillus I've kept

Cool knife. Are the handles bone or plastic? I also think that bail should be on the other end of the knife if it were as from the factory. I imagine the end with the two blades would be heavier and therefor the weighted part of the knife that would be in the bottom of the holder or pocket when the bail is attached to a cord. So, should the bail be on the end with the single blade? My only Camillus slipjoint is one of those four blade SS military ones. That knife is balanced with two blades/tools on each end but the bail is opposite of the larger main blade.

Back