Cammillus & Cold Steel Connection?

Is it true that Cammillus is manufacturing Cold Steel's Carbon V line? I wonder why Lynn T. is keeping it such a secret?

------------------
"Blessed is the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle..." excerpted from Psalms 144.

RedLeg,
Thanks for taking interest in CAMILLUS' O.E.M. business. One of the 'rules' in the trade is that you don't talk about who your customers are[unless you are given VERY specific instruction]. We will not discuss who we DO or DO NOT make knives for. Please understand, if we want to ever make knives for any other company[and that is a LARGE part of our business], will simply cannot talk about it. I hope you understand.

I can neither confirm or deny that CAMILLUS cutlery produces knives for Cold Steel, Bill Moran, Frost Cutlery, Kit Carson.[this is OFFICIALLY a vain attempt at HUMOR]

But this forum is here to answer as many questions as we can about CAMILLUS CUTLERY, and its associated brands of knives,....

CAMILLUS CUTLERY
WESTERN CUTLERY
CAMCO
CUDA
BECKER KNIFE & TOOL

This should keep us busy for awhile.
smile.gif

Look for an indept article from BLADEFORUMS own DEXTER EWING about CAMILLUS, past[last 124 years], present, and future. We have ALOT of history, and alot of great projects underway, so please let me know what we CAN help you with.

Thanks again for the interest!

------------------
Stay Sharp!
Will Fennell
Camillus Cutlery

I suspect that a lot of us are currently carrying or have carried a Camillus-made blade. So what? Cold Steel blades are among my favorites, and if Camillus makes them to CS's superb standards and manufacturing specs, what's the difference? I believe that some of Buck's products are or were also made by Camillus. No complaints here. Keep up the good work!

I do believe Camillus is the one who makes Carbon V blades for Cold Steel. Take a look at the rubber handles on some of the Remington knives and on the Cold Steel fillet knives as well as the new hunter CS has out for 2000 - they are *identical* except for the name stamped on the handles. Also, I have been at shows in Syracuse, NY (Camillus is in the town of Camillus not far outside of Syracuse) and saw an employee of Camillus point to some CS stuff and tell his son "See those knives? Those are the ones we grind at work."

Again, I have to agree with the others that it doesn't matter if Camillus makes CS or not - they are superb. In fact, I would say that Camillus is one of the most underrated manufacturers in the country today. They put out gobs of fine stuff and are evolving into a company at the leading edge. I just read that they were going to collaborate with Rob Simonich and put out a version of one of his Talonite knives in the near future! I'm sure their proximity to Crucible Steel doesn't hurt either.

Later,

MBS

------------------

Nevermind the dog...beware of owner!

MBS,

Lest someone misconstrue your comment about Crucible, they make the great CPM steels but not Talonite. The later is made by Carbide Processors on the west coast.

I wholeheartedly concur with your observation about Camillus being underrated. They've been around a very long time and should be judged not only on the lines bearing their Camillus stamp, including their aggressive new Cuda line, but on what they generate for the industry as a whole. Unfortunately there is a necessary veil over the what and for whom as Will has recently pointed out.

I thought it interesting that you commented about Camillus workers and knifeshows. I hail from Fayetteville, a suburb of Syracuse, and in a recent phone conversation with Will, pointed out much the same... that around upstate NY it's pretty much common knowledge what models Camillus makes for what outfits
smile.gif

------------------
-=[Bob Allman]=-

I did NOT escape from the institution! They gave me a day pass!

BFC member since the very beginning
Member: American Knife & Tool Institute; Varmint Hunters Association;
National Rifle Association; Praire Thunder Inc.; Rapid City Rifle Club;
Spearfish Rifle & Pistol Club; Buck Collectors Club (prime interest: 532s)
Certified Talonite(r) enthusiast!

[This message has been edited by bald1 (edited 01-08-2000).]

Whoa! I think my original post may have been misconstrued! I LIKE Camillus products. They've been around for quite some time and know their stuff. I was just curious as to the connection. The answer is fairly obvious. How about a khukuri design, or semi-finished kit knives?

-Redleg out.

------------------
"Blessed is the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle..." excerpted from Psalms 144.

Redleg,
No apologies needed! This is just a subject that is just something We have to be careful with, as I guess you can understand.

As for choppers and khukuri's, check out the BK&T thread! And there will be more later in the year.

Knife 'kits' just aren't our bag, but there are plenty of good one's out there for you to choose from.

Thanks for the interest!
smile.gif

------------------
Stay Sharp!
Will Fennell
Camillus Cutlery

[This message has been edited by Will Fennell (edited 01-12-2000).]

Back