Camouflage netting...other uses!

I was thinking today about a sheet of camo netting that I carry with me whenever I hunt. I came up with some ideas for other uses. Tell me what you think.

1) Fish net. The weave is small but it may do the job.
2) Bird net. As in build a spring pole snare set and have it connected to the corners of a piece of the netting. Have bait/trigger in the middle and lift the bird in the middle of the netting like a bag.
3) Extra filler for a sleeping bag whether "real" or improvised.
4) Doubled or tripled- used as a hammock. Yes it is that big, it may not be long enough for ALL of me, but it would be long.

Let me know what you think. Also, maybe you have more ideas!
smile.gif

------------------
Plainsman :)
primitiveguy@hotmail.com

Plainsman,

How exactly do you carry a piece of netting that big? Does it have its own backpack? Do you roll it up and tie it to the bottom of a backpack or something? I have never tried the netting material, always made hides out of natural materials, how well does somethign like that work? Does it provide you with any protection from weather?

The netting/material I have is a weave similar to, maybe a little bigger than mosquito netting. The piece I have is a normal material width, little over a yard and about 10 feet long.

When I fold it up I can tied it in a bundle about the size of my military poncho. I usually don't tie it that tightly if I'm using it for hunting. I don't have that much in my pack usually.

I find the pattern I bought is too "green" for the places I usually hunt. BUT if I stick a few peices of local foliage in front of it it does a good job of concealment. I like using it during archery season and can use practice arrows or judo tipped arrows stuck in the ground/snow to hold it up.

------------------
Plainsman :)
primitiveguy@hotmail.com

Plainsman..

If you want to drasticly improve that net,, grab a can of flat black spray paint,,so do some branches on it.. You might also want to try a flat brown or green also...

I've done wicked camo jobs on different things,,and they turn out pretty cool...

If you look at the ASAT camo pattern,, this is what I'm talking about. The black branches look like shadows from a distance..

Try it,, I'm sure you'll like the way it looks..

ttyle Eric...

------------------
Eric E. Noeldechen
On/Scene Tactical
http://www.mnsi.net/~nbtnoel

deleted.

[This message has been edited by jrf (edited 12-26-2000).]

Back