Camp Knife Challenge Results!!!!!

Wow!! Pit glad you brought this one back up. That was some more review. Lots of time involved here, yea I would love to see like a team of 3 or 4 do a review on belt knives b/c I am sure that there would be about 20 knives involved. Plus I already gots my Camp Knife in the works. Can you say Knatchet!

Nah, something between an EDC and a "Camp" knife. Something like a bushcrafting knife.

For me, that means a knife to be used on a week long backpacking trip, hunting trip, or weekend canoe trip. I'm envisioning a 3.5" to 5" knife capable of typical tasks from food prep to fire making.

Smaller than a "Camp knife" so more practical for a "boots and sweat" type trek. And more substantial than a SAK for those of us who like to carry a real knife when out in the kudzu.

Hey let's do it.[...]

Yes, that would be awesome! :thumbup:

How about - best bushcraft - but it can't look like a woodlore clone :D :D

I think given current trends in popularity (and considering what's been covered in the past), it would be interesting to do a 'big knife' / machete / bolo build-off. Scott Gossman's bolo a-la Estela would be a good example.

We just had a machete challenge. I think we should go to a small knife now. That is only my opinion though.

I might consider it if it isn't restricked to scandi grinds only.
Scott

I'm with you Scott. I just assumed it wouldn't be restricted to a particular grind. I can't do scandi grinds.

Anyone want to start a new thread on this and see how many knifemakers we can get to participate?

i do'nt believe i've seen a more exhaustive & comprehensive workout on knives in the forum. kudos to your dedication & throughness in this tremendous effort.thanks for a great documentary.
dennis

That was a great post and the knives all look fantastic. Thank you for such an awesome read.

Back