Camp knife challenge !

I think it sounds interesting, but will have to wait and see what other criteria pops up in the thread before I commit to it. It started out simple enough, now it needs to fillet fish, who knows what`s next?

I think it sounds interesting, but will have to wait and see what other criteria pops up in the thread before I commit to it. It started out simple enough, now it needs to fillet fish, who knows what`s next?

LOL !!! Things never stay simple eh !:D

Not many fillet knives around that you can batton kindling with !!!!

I was thinking that something along the lines of your 5" or 6" Hudson bay with the addition of a lanyard hole would be great for this challenge !:thumbup:

LOL !!! Things never stay simple eh !:D

Not many fillet knives around that you can batton kindling with !!!!

I was thinking that something along the lines of your 5" or 6" Hudson bay with the addition of a lanyard hole would be great for this challenge !:thumbup:

I have a "rebirth" of an old model already ground out ready for heat treat, that would be ideal for this. ;) If it does not get overly complicated, I will be in. If they all go to one tester I feel sorry for him having to pay for all the return shipping!

As much as I love your Hudson Bay, the one you posted pics of today is incredible by the way, when I picture an all around camp knife I always picture Bryan Breeden's Pathfinder. Nothing against your knives of course. I have two of yours on me at all times. I just look at the Pathfinder design as one that should do most camp chores well.

The main reason for stating this is to give you an idea of what I see as a starting point for a good camp knife.
I'm dying to see what comes from this.

As much as I love your Hudson Bay, the one you posted pics of today is incredible by the way, when I picture an all around camp knife I always picture Bryan Breeden's Pathfinder. Nothing against your knives of course. I have two of yours on me at all times. I just look at the Pathfinder design as one that should do most camp chores well.

The main reason for stating this is to give you an idea of what I see as a starting point for a good camp knife.
I'm dying to see what comes from this.

LOL ! Just shows how we all think differently eh, I have a Dave Farmer Camp knife which is pretty comparable to the Pathfinder and although I like the knife and have used it for many camp tasks I can't help but think that the JK Hudson Bay would be better suited !

Good to know. If I could buy any knife today it would be the Hudson Bay. Those pics posted today have me drooling over it. It just wasn't the first knife that went through my cranial cavity when I pictured a camp knife. It probably should be although it would have to be thin enough to clean all the trout we catch!

Heat treated it this morning :thumbup: I`m going with ebony handles and brass pins and lanyard hole.

Back