Camp Sword Work in Progress

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Check it out, I'm posting it over in Shoptalk as part of a "Virtual BBQ" we are having. :cool:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/943661-Work-in-Progress-Camp-Sword-BBQ!

Here's the very start of it... please check out the link for the rest.

017-5-1.jpg

That thing looks wicked brother. Cant wait to see you chop some stuff up with it.

Thanks guys! Here's where they are at the moment.

The bottom one is the original sword which I have shortened and the top one is the new one! The larger one is 19" long.

001-13-1.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, I like the bottom one better, but that's just me.

Yeah the bottom one was the original but I broke it at the handle trying to hand straighten out of quench. That will be the last time I do that!

Thanks! I need to measure it but it is around a foot long... maybe a 7" blade.

I guess it would be more of a camp knife at that size. I still like though, I think I'm liking it to much. PM me a price. I've got several irons in the fire right now, money wise. But I may have to see what I can work out on this one.

Sure.....tease me, tempt me. Make my mouth water. Next you'll say you're thinking about green ray skin and black wrap handle.

Oh man, my wallet is begining to ache. Have you got a layaway plan? I might be able to send a pint of blood for deposit. Is B negitive ok?

Oh man, my wallet is begining to ache. Have you got a layaway plan? I might be able to send a pint of blood for deposit. Is B negitive ok?

:D It is close now! I have a green rayskin wrap under black cord on it and it's looking good! Pics soon!

Email incoming, head for cover.

I'll get better photos when it is closer, this one is dark and it doesn't capture the cool sweep or sori it has.

018-4.jpg

Just gorgeous!!! Answered you email before I had a chance to see this thread. Definite YES!! Just need to work out the details with you. WooHoo!!

Back