1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Camping at Huntington Reservoir August 5th and 6th

Discussion in 'H.I. Cantina' started by wildmanh, Jul 30, 2011.

1. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    Some friends and I are going camping at Huntington Reservoir here in Central Utah August 5th and 6th. You all are invited. We will be camping in a little hollow on the back side of the dam acrost from the parking lot. Friends and I have camped there twice before and rather liked it so we desided to camp there again. People are welcome to show up anytime Friday and leave when ever they want Saturday.

Meals are bring your own except for Saturday breakfast, which will be pancakes and fruit. If you want to help with food, let me know so I can tell you what we need. I'll be bringing a folding table, stove and some Cast Iron to cook on, that people are welcome to use. I'll have the fire going by 6pm in case people want to cook Tin Foil dinners or what have you. Along with dinner and lunch, people will need to bring their own drinking water because there is no running water close by, all we have is a rest room about 500 yards away.

I'll be heading up after I have Lunch to setup camp and play around before everyone gets there. If you have a 2 way radio I'll be on channel 4 sub channel 1. You can find maps and directions on Google Maps. Huntington Reservoir will come up in a search. Or if you email me with your zip or city and state I can send you a map.

I'll update this thread with more info if there is any and will post pics here after I get back.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  2. wildmanh

Jul 9, 2000
    I've updated the 1st post with new information.

3. cliff355

cliff355

Apr 19, 2003
    Say, do you ever go camping in the Moab area? This Spring I drove through there are was pretty impressed - might want to spend a little more time there.

4. wildmanh

Jul 9, 2000
    I went to Moab in College. Was only there for the night then had to come home, but what I saw of it was cool. Would love to go back when I have a few days.

5. cliff355

cliff355

Apr 19, 2003
    I just blew through there in a hurry heading back to MN from AZ, but the whole town seemed dedicated to mountain bikes, 4-wheelers and jeeps. The 60-mile views in that part of the country really give me pause.

6. bric

bric

Jun 10, 2011
    Hope the weather was nice for you...I'm heading out tomorrow to camp in Wisconsin. Too bad I couldn't join you in Utah!

7. wildmanh

Jul 9, 2000
    The area is definantly dedicated to Recreation. Let me know the next time you plan on being in the area. Maybe we can try to hook up for an outdoor adventure.

Bric, the trip was really nice! Friday evening before my friends showed up I was watching some storm clouds to the east. The setting sun was reflecting off of them making them glow orangish red. Then that evening/night we got to see lightning from the same area of the sky. But the Skys above us were perfect both Friday and Saturday.

8. wildmanh

Jul 9, 2000
    Yesterday I got home from the campout around 11:45am. I typed this email to some friends about an hour later. Instead of retyping the whole thing, I figured I would copy and paste it unedited.