can anyone compare the 586 and the 707?

I think I may have narrowed down my next knife. Was wondering if anyone had a side by side pic. Or if you can give any info comparing the two that would be great.

I don't have the 586 but I do have the 585 which is almost the same but here it is with my 707. the 585 is much thicker in pretty much every way. the weight on the 707 is 2.6 ounces while the 586 is 3.87 which is a noticeable difference but still decently light. blade shape/size is pretty much the same but the 707 has a slightly finer point. its also assisted vs non assisted, and personally I prefer non assisted. the assist on the 585 is very strong and flies open with some heavy recoil compared to my other assisted knives. the 707 is one of the smoothest knives I own. I prefer the 707 due to its size/weight/shape its much less noticeable when carrying in the pocket.

1BM.jpg2BM.jpg

thanks
yeah I also prefer non assisted. That is the main reason I am considering the 707 over the 586. Other than that I think I like the 586 more. I will end up getting them both I am sure.

I do wish i got the plain edge on the 585 instead of serrations other then that its a great knife i have thought about de-assisting it making it a manual axis but untill i do my 707 will keep goin in my pocket i liked it so much i got the 707 in satin and dlc blades :)

I dont have the 586 but i have a couple comparable 707's

P1080309-2_zps27740a49.jpg

P1080311-2_zpsef5c7a93.jpg

In my work I need a one hand knife (engineering, control systems). I cannot legally carry a switchblade so I got the 586. I could not be happier with the blade, M390, the action or the workmanship. Plus it is under 3" which again puts me under the radar at work.

T

Where are those sequels being sold? I have a friend who would pay whatever, he wants a m390 sequal sooooo bad!! He actually bought m390 to make his own blade.

Mine is in the mail - I too was charged under MSRP. And worth every cent of it.

I went to Matts Shooter supply and added to cart and it showed the one I wanted at $235 on Benchmade website it showed $230. I will check again.
Don't know what I am doing wrong. I went through the whole process and did everything but hit the confirm order button and it shows me paying $5 more than MSRP + shipping cost.

Where are those sequels being sold? I have a friend who would pay whatever, he wants a m390 sequal sooooo bad!! He actually bought m390 to make his own blade.

Nevermind, we figured it out and he ordered 2!

Ok, is it a secret code or do you have to call? I searched the benchmade forum, and did not find any clues. I would like to buy one, but not for $255. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

T

Thanks, I called and now I have one on the way too!
And I will actually be able to answer the original poster since I already have a 586.
T

Ok, I now have both the 586 and the LE 707 (black blade). Different knives to me and I like both. For a utility knife in my line of work I like the assisted opening of the 586 and the somewhat sturdier blade and knife. Will carry it daily for work. The 707, at least in the LE has the same good steel (m390) but is smaller than the 586, an already small knife. I like it a lot and will use it more as a "gentleman's knife" that is one I could carry when I wear a sport coat rather than engineer blues.

T

thanks for the info. After getting to actually handle a 585 which is about the same as a 586 I think a 707 may actually be to small for me if you say it feels smaller than the 586. Still may end up getting one though :D

Back