1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Can I get some scrapyard comparisons?

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by J_mcrane, May 18, 2017.

1. J_mcrane

J_mcrane

Dec 7, 2013
    I know this is the home of rays but the new Garth-Ganza has me wondering.

Can anyone do a chophouse and trash 2 comparison?

Secondly, looking at the skinner. Can someone do a comparison of the skinner next to a 311.

Thanks for any help.

John

2. rcb2000

rcb2000

Apr 15, 2014
    Cant speak for the chophouse,, but the Trash 2 I held felt just incredible. Loved the thinner stock, and great balance. Ive held a skinner as well,, I think it would be a more useful blade than the 311, with more length and upswept tip,, plus mudder grips IIRC

3. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Sorry, don't have Trash-2

311 & Skinner
    [​IMG]
    You get an inch of cutting edge (and blade, without gain in ricasso size)
    If you never had a chance to compare mudder to standard Res-C handles (311 handles are smeller than standard), you get more real estate on mudder handle. And not much weight gain

4. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    I love my skinner! Elof, can you get an easy four finger hold on the smaller 311 handles? I have average large hands.
    Thanks

5. elof_alv

Mar 13, 2009
    I get all 4 fingers grip, but I have medium hands

6. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    Thanks! 4.5" handle should be enough. I think it was the 511 that people had a few Blade to handle issues with...also I can sand off that little hooh at the end if need be...

7. elof_alv

Mar 13, 2009
    511 has the same handle as 311.
    To me 511 with that handle is a little bit awkward and unbalanced. No such problem with 311.
    Mudder handles are really comfy in hand