Can I Post Pictures?

Sorry all, I am new here, I have read through the rules, but I am seeking some clarification. If this isn't the appropriate place I am sorry, bear with me. I have lurked this forum for a minute or two, and received alot of good advice from threads over the years, and I wanted to join up and post pictures of what all this help has assisted me in being able to make. They are knives, obviously, but from reading the rules I understood it that I could not post any pictures at all of what I have done unless I had a knifemakers account or something equivalent. Is this the case, or am I misinterpreting? I understand if I wanted to try selling some here eventually that would be required, but that isn't my intention as of this moment.

knarfeng

senex morosus moderator
Staff member
Super Mod
Sorry all, I am new here, I have read through the rules, but I am seeking some clarification. If this isn't the appropriate place I am sorry, bear with me. I have lurked this forum for a minute or two, and received alot of good advice from threads over the years, and I wanted to join up and post pictures of what all this help has assisted me in being able to make. They are knives, obviously, but from reading the rules I understood it that I could not post any pictures at all of what I have done unless I had a knifemakers account or something equivalent. Is this the case, or am I misinterpreting? I understand if I wanted to try selling some here eventually that would be required, but that isn't my intention as of this moment.
As a registered user, you can post pictures using a picture hosting site. I use Imgur, but there are others. Once you have uploaded a picture to the hosting site, copy the web address of the picture. Note: picture web addresses must end in .jpg or .gif

Then go to your post and click the image tool on the toolbar next to the smiley tool. Click the link icon in the popup. (Looks like a chain.) Paste the picture address into the window. Then click the INSERT button.

Moving this to Tech Support.

Here are a couple I just recently finished, I've been making kydex sheaths since I started seriously making knives a few years ago, the leather sheath on the other hand is only my second attempt at leather, so hopefully I continue to get better at that. My leather work is left wanting to put it nicely lol.

The damascus was from alabama damascus, I learned about them here so thank you. These were both stock removal, I only lightly dabble in forging anything. I'm not sure what that circle around the top pin in that antler is, I didn't get the pins hot enough to burn, and the holes aren't loose, so I'm not sure what's up there. That's the first time I've ever seen anything like that, it appeared while I was hand finishing it.

The damascus knife's handle was made from blue g10, spalted magnolia, and whitetail antler. The other one is just a layered black and green g10. KH is my initials.