Can someone ID this knife for me please? I am not familiar with Benchmade...

The Benchmade H&K14140 looks pretty fake to me. Theres no record of it being produced or discontinued on the Benchmade website.

Yes the web address on the paperwork (which I tossed because I bought this on a lark for $20) has Benchmade all over it and apparently (according to gal at counter) the retailer is have several knife brands make exclusive products for them.
The paperwork and the fact that BM would have a legal reason to get the retailer to stop selling the "fakes".
BM used to had a Red line with may products made in China (Red line=China kind of funny).

Thanks for the replies...Sucks that its fake...I will say it is still a pretty stout damn knife...the action is super crisp...good beater if nothing else...

Before the start of this year, the HK line was half made in China, and half made by Benchmade here in the US. Now, all HK branded product is made in house by Benchmade directly. It is highly likely that the factory in China did not keep 100% of their parts proprietary, and some other manufacturer could have used the same pivot screw or other parts. I agree that this looks like a fake, but could have some similar parts to the cheap HK line, making it a little more convincing of a fake.

Back