Can we end this daylight saving time forever?

jin.guo2007

Gold Member
Please stop the messing with our schedules. It's an antiquated practice that only aggravates people. As it is Arizona, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands, and America Samoa do not participate in this practice.

The morning traffic accidents always have huge rise in number after the time change, let alone to say the increasing number of patient visits for depression.

It's just costing a lot more than it can ever gain.

You know that this is now Standard Time (normal time) and summer is the "messed with" time.
My Amish friends do not follow it and call summer "fast time" or "crazy time"

Please stop the messing with our schedules. It's an antiquated practice that only aggravates people. As it is Arizona, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands, and America Samoa do not participate in this practice.

The morning traffic accidents always have huge rise in number after the time change, let alone to say the increasing number of patient visits for depression.

Yes I can. Consider it done.

Zieg

I wish we could just stay with Daylight Savings Time year round. I could use the extra hour of daylight in the afternoon - rarely do I need extra daylight in the morning! I understand that for many people, it's just the opposite, so maybe what we have is a good compromise?

I live on the Western edge of the central time zone, and DST makes it tough to maintain sleep cycles since it is still light at 10:00 p.m. in the summer.

Those people were already depressed, they just didn't know it until an hour later.

No we cannot ,we are to weak-save your strength for battles that can be won laddie.

I'm fine with the way things are. I have a normal routine in terms of sleep and for me, I prefer it getting light around 7:00 AM.

Florida passed a bill to eliminate the time change, but it has to be approved by Washington. It sits languishing up there and is expected to expire with the session.

I wish they would keep it one way or the other.
Agreed, I don't care if it's standard or daylight savings, pick one and stick with it. Twice a year it takes me at least a couple of weeks to get accustomed to the time change.

Setting all the clocks in the house is annoying. Three in the kitchen, three in the bedroom, two more in kids room, the thermostat, all the watches.....the freakin watches!

Summer DST has never been observed in most of Southeast Asia. China adopted it in 1986 and dropped it in 1991. It was imposed on Japan by the U.S. military occupation and dropped in 1952. It was imposed on South Korea by the U.S. military occupation and continued by the First Republic (Rhee Syngman), abolished by the Second Republic (1960), briefly reimposed by the Fifth Republic (Chun Doo-hwan) in 1987, and abolished by the present Sixth Republic in 1988. It was imposed on Taiwan by the Kuomintang military regime in 1945, abolished in 1961, briefly reimposed in 1974, and abolished for good in 1975. The Philippines briefly experimented with DST in 1954, 1978 and 1990; it was not popular and they have not tried it since 1990.

My stepson works in China and takes vacations all over Asia. We stay in touch with FaceTime and that's how I became Asian DST conscious.

The Asian legacy states of the former Soviet Union are a weirdly mixed bag. Tuva and Mongolia do not currently observe DST and I lack patience to keep up with the rest.

Last edited:
Sometimes I think they just need more time zones.

Why are MA and OH or MI in the same time zone? (Rhetorical)

annr annr

Like the state line at Columbus GA / Phenix City Al. Cross the river and you're in a different time zone. It's a state of confusion :D

Back