Can you choose ONE attribute.

If you have a favorite knife it’s likely has a number of attributes that makes it better than other knives.

I know this drill is hard because it’s often hard to pick out a favorite in the first place.

But if you had to choose ONE favorite attribute, what feature would put it over the top?

It’s unlimited but some could be toughness, good looking, ability to slice, edge retention, classy, great action, blade steel, expense, easy to sharpen, exclusivity, self defense, reputable brand, rust proof, etc.

I know there’s so many sizes, shapes and uses this is kind of tough (impossible really) but I thought the thread would either be a dud or a lot of fun to make you choose that number ONE down.

My choice is Edge Retention

Wow, tough question.

I’d have to agree on ergonomics. If it doesn’t feel right in the hand, it doesn’t get carried and if it doesn’t get carried, it doesn’t get kept. After that, it would probably be a toss-up between edge retention and cutting ability.

Just picked up my third Manix 2...love so many things about that knife but it's gotta be the ergonomics of it that keep me from carrying any other knife anymore...nothing else feels right in hand

Slicing ability - Edge retention and really any of the other criteria don't matter much if it won't cut.

This for edc knives. I sharpen regularly, even when not really needed.....but when I go to slice something, if the knife does not have thin enough geometry to slice/cut efficiently, it does not matter if it is an super steel, one off, custom, or a super low budget knife...

I have mid-high end user customs(2000k has been my top, so not ths highest of high end). I love Opinel for their thin slicers.

For choppers or fighters, or other uses, it may not have to be a thin slicer.

Back