Can you help identify this knife?

Hello,

I was wondering if any of you knew what type of knife this is. When all put together, it looks like a bar. When you unscrew the to part, it reveals a blade. You can then screw the top part to the bottom part and have a long knife. When it appears to be a bar, the knife is about 7 13/16". The blade is about 3 1/2". On the blade it says "Stainless Steel Taiwan".

barcl.jpg

barop.jpg

Thanks!

The "bar" is refered to as a kubaton, and is meant to be a control and restraint tool. Very popular in the coach commando circles. Most do not understand enough to know that to use one effectivley takes quite a bit of specialized training.

The blade is a very low quality stainless of some type. Can't really be sure with these imports. It is not going to be even to the quality of 440A.

Even though these are illegal in most areas (concealing contianer, same as litstick case knives and air gage knives) they are very easy to find at flea markets.

Value $1-$2

"Value $1-$2"

Lol...okay....thanks, not what I wanted to hear but exactly what i was looking for..thanks!

Like beauty, value is in the eye of the beholder.

I would think just carried as a kubotan, that the metal model would be pretty heavy, at least compared to the super-hard plastic of mine that I bought 15 years ago. I think mine cost $8, and came with a small manual for training.

If the steel can take a good edge, then the extra length could be useful, in a combat situation, should that arise. More important though, would be the strength of the connection when the knife part is screwed into the other end. In the picture, it doesn't appear to me that the blade and the other handle are in parallel planes. The tip of the blade seems to be aimed upwards a bit.

Am sure you paid more than $1-$2. Potential legalities aside, you could well perceive more value to it than Ron ascribes. If it is illegal to carry, and you frequently come within the scrutiny of police, it is of a negative value.

Depending upon the use you can get out of your kubotan/knife, you will yourself have to determine it's value. Like Ron, I don't think I would buy one. But maybe it is exactly what you need/want. If so, then it worth however much you say it is. Just don't expect many to join you in your appreciation of it.

This is the Mini-Nightwatchman, a rip off of the Kubotan (which is single straight piece of plastic) and the small version of the Nightwatchman sword cane/baton.

Live fire story, the Mini can unscrew in your pocket be careful.

Hi There!

My two cents worth of advice, get O-rings to fit at the very base of the exposed screw-in threads. By this way, the fit between the 2 half's will be more secure.

Also untrained persons are more liable to use the blade more, rather than as a pressure stick kubotan. If you fit in this category, better get a dedicated "you know what", as you might not get the job done with such a short and flimsy edge! Worst yet, you could loose your own fingers in the process. And that ain't too cool at all. Do the right thing, leave it at home. Ain't worth any run in with the law.

Krizzard. out.
"...Whoever kills with the sword must be killed by the sword... "
- The New Testament, Revelation 13 :10

i have a small version, about the OD of a pencil, and 1/2 as long - has a little 1.5" blade - i carry it on my keyring, it works great for scratching lotto tickets, its my lucky scratcher lol, well not lucky enough i guess........

Back