How To Can you identify this scale material?

Sorry for duplicate. System was slow and I thought the post failed.

Last edited:
There is a knife currently on eBay that has blue scales that look like micarta but are identified as G10. I am guessing the listing is incorrect. Having looked at a LOT of micarta listings for burlap, linen, jeans, etc, I can't find any that look as nice as this. I'm referring to the material, not the "carving."

Edit: to be clearer, I'd like to get some similar scale material; I'm not asking this because I'm interested in the knife.

Any help would be appreciated.

www.eBay.com/itm/Swiss-Army-Knife-WENGER-120mm-CUSTOM-American-Legion-/193939851042?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Last edited:
There is a knife currently on eBay that has blue scales that look like micarta but are identified as G10. I am guessing the listing is incorrect. Having looked at a LOT of micarta listings for burlap, linen, jeans, etc, I can't find any that look as nice as this. I'm referring to the material, not the "carving."

Any help would be appreciated

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Swiss-Army...-/193939851042?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292
Where does it say Micarta? Have you ever seen Micarta? Are you really going to wait 13 weeks for a knife from eBay when all the buyer protection limits have run out?

Can you post photos of both sides of your credit card if you have answered yes to any of these questions?

I'm not interested in the knife. I want to get some of the scale material.

Also, I do know what micarta looks like, which is what lead me to question the listing saying it is G10. Sorry this wasn't clear.

Last edited:
That looks like corrugated blue G10 to me. But as noted the ebay pics ain't great.

That's blue resin over natural or white burlap, probably custom being that it is in Ukraine.

I'd recommend G.L. Hanson or Shadetree Custom Composites for that type of material.

That's blue resin over natural or white burlap, probably custom being that it is in Ukraine.

I'd recommend G.L. Hanson or Shadetree Custom Composites for that type of material.

Back