Can you increase the number of threads shown on the knifemakers for sale page?

AVigil

Adam Vigil knifemaker working the grind
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Platinum Member
There are only 20 threads shown on the knifemakers for sale page. This page moves very fast due to the number of makers posting and some posting everyday. You can have one maker taking up a good percentage of the page if he posts a knife everyday bumping off other sellers threads.

A sale post can move off the first page in short order.

Considering a knife maker membership is $75 and that mainly is for the ability to make a sales post, it would be better for buyers and sellers to have more then 20 threads on the first page and maybe increase the amount of threads on a page to 40.

Could this be done to accommodate the knife maker for sale page?

There are only 20 threads shown on the knifemakers for sale page. This page moves very fast due to the number of makers posting and some posting everyday. You can have one maker taking up a good percentage of the page if he posts a knife everyday bumping off other sellers threads.

A sale post can move off the first page in short order.

Considering a knife maker membership is $75 and that mainly is for the ability to make a sales post, it would be better for buyers and sellers to have more then 20 threads on the first page and maybe increase the amount of threads on a page to 40.

Could this be done to accommodate the knife maker for sale page?

I'd also support this. I usually catch them all because I read via "New Post" search, but it'd be a boon for all the sale sections, really.

@Spark
Spark would be the one to ask. But, if I understand correctly, "number of threads per page" is a global setting in the Xenforo software. It cannot be changed for a single forum. So any change would change every subforum on BF.

Not sure what the side-effects of such a change would be. It would about double the size of the data packet sent in response to each query of the database. Might slow response time across the forums.

Back