1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Can you produce great results on a chisel ground blade using a sharpmaker?

Discussion in 'Emerson Knives' started by DRK, Jun 8, 2014.

1. dalefuller

dalefuller Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 2, 2005
    I haven't found that, but understand that my cutting is pretty limited in the kind stuff I cut. I mostly cut narrow (not thin) stuff... zip ties, plant stems, packing straps, that kind of thing. Once the edge has made its cut, the task is usually done. Some people make very long or deep cuts into very wide materials. They have to draw their blade down through several inches of whatever it is. I can see that might make a difference in how a chisel ground, or even single bevel V-ground, blade works.

2. Xdm9mili

Xdm9mili

Mar 7, 2014
    I normally carry a sebenza and just lately been carrying my horseman ever since I got it. I notice that the Emerson chisel grind cuts thru shrink wrap like butter compared to the sebenza, but fails on the paper cut. My sebenza can slice thru paper easily, but not thru shrink wrap like the Emerson.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  3. Officer's Match

Officer's Match Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Emerson's have always performed very well for me, and I have to think their outstanding ergo's play a part in that. It has actually been a pretty good while since a Benchmade, Spydie, or CRK gotten any pocket time, other than my 275 Adamas when I feel the need to take a small tree down with a knife (that thing is ridiculous).