Canada knife question…..

Could buy a Laguiole pocket knife at Lee Valley Tools in Niagara Falls. Instant souvenir. :cool:
Couldn't find any other places there to buy a pocket knife listed with a quick online search. Maybe someone who lives there can chime in.

Could buy a Laguiole pocket knife at Lee Valley Tools in Niagara Falls. Instant souvenir. :cool:
Couldn't find any other places there to buy a pocket knife listed with a quick online search. Maybe someone who lives there can chime in.
Definitely! Anyone that lives nearby PLEASE direct me to the closest knife shop!!
The Mini Buster gets the nod! I’m taking that one.

You can have it as long as it's the stuff labelled for dogs.
Buy it in Canada though to avoid any Border annoyance.
I was once asked by CBSA if I was carrying pepper spray.
I said I had a can of bear spray.
The Agent asked if it was clearly labeled as such.
I said “Yes.”
The agent said “Have a nice day.”
I cross the border in Montana. It might play different elsewhere.

You can always tape a folding knife to the blade of your hockey stick. They never check. Don't use it like this in a game though.

Any knife issues at either border crossing? I'm headed to Vancouver this weekend (crossing the border both ways by train from and to Seattle). I'm leaning towards taking a James Brand Folsom in bright green/non-threatening.

Any knife issues at either border crossing? I'm headed to Vancouver this weekend (crossing the border both ways by train from and to Seattle). I'm leaning towards taking a James Brand Folsom in bright green/non-threatening.

I made a recent crossing at Rooseville (eastern BC) and was only asked if I had any “weapons.” No questions specificly regarding knives.
Last year at the same crossing I was asked if I had any “switch blades.”

In spite of never never being asked about generic knives, folding knives, etc, personaly I’m not willing to cross with anything more valuable than a Delica. That’s just me, being me, however.

Don't make the mistake of taking pepper spray with you, either.
I just crossed into NB from Calais, ME. The guard asked about "weapons". He didn't ask about knives specifically but he made a rather big deal about mace and pepper spray. All in all, not a negative experience, though. I respect the job they've got to do. I pared myself down to an SAK Rambler and Explorer for this trip so I knew I had nothing to worry about.

Back