Canadian Knifemakers Guild Show 2014

wolfeknives

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
For the past 20 years the Canadian Knifemakers Guild membership has consisted of mainly Canadian makers. Many changes in the knife world have taken place during these 20 years. The Guild is now revising the membership requirements to reflect these changes, and hold members to a high standard. We have also turned into a much more international organization, and are getting a great del of interest from European and US makers.
The show has been moved to a wonderful hotel in the downtown Toronto area. It is close to entertainment, fine dining and art galleries. Niagra falls, the wine region and other attractions are close by.

The show is limited to 50 tables, but these table are taken by some of the finest international makers. The Guild is excited about the new format and location. For those who are planning their show attendance schedules for this year, please keep us in mind, make it a vacation.

Wolfgang Loerchner
President
Canadian Knifemakers Guild

wow! Whadda lineup.
Definitely gonna consider this show if I can swing it!

^^^ That's how a Show gets even better. Bring in Major League Players!

Staying posted.

Coop

Great lineup for sure. Wish I could make it, but I will be on extended vacation. Hope someone posts pictures and maybe a little summary?

Wolf, I really like what you folks are doing with the Guild and the show you have. The changes you have made are excellent.

Wolf, I really like what you folks are doing with the Guild and the show you have. The changes you have made are excellent.

Thank you Jerry, we are still working at implementing many changes to the Guild. I am hoping the show will be a success. Response from international collectors has been fantastic. We have some excellent makers, and the show is small enough for a great atmosphere. Check out the details on the Canadian Knifemakers Guild website http://canadianknifemakersguild.com
Here is a list of the confirmed exhibitors:

Brian Tighe – Canada

Jurgen Steinau – Germany

Tore Fogarizzu – Italy

Paolo Brignone – Italy

Salvatore Puddu – Italy

Antonio Fogarizzu – Italy

Charlie Bennica – France

John W. Smith – USA

Des Horn – South Africa

Wolfgang Loerchner – Canada

Rod Olson – Canada

Emmanuel Esposito – Italy

Elizabeth Loerchner – Italy

Wally Hayes – Canada

Stephanie Lemelin – Canada

Owen Wood – USA

Keith Newman

Suchat Custom Knives – USA

Steven Rapp – USA

Eugene Shadley – USA

Kirby Lambert – Canada

Jose de Braga – Canada

Ken Steigerwalt – USA

Matthew Lerch – USA

Nathan Knowles – Canada

Les Couteliers du Valblanc – Canada

Koji Hara- Japan

Mike Mossington – Canada

Murray St.Amour – Canada

Shaun and Sharla Hansen – USA

James Emmons – Canada

Steve Linklater – Canada

Steve Vanderkolff – Canada

Mark Daley – Canada

Gaetan Beauchamp – Canada

Paul Savage – Canada

Rob Douglas – Canada

William Nease – Canada

Anthony Marfione – USA

Alain Desaulniers – Canada

Peter Hammer – Brazil

Stepanyan Amayak – Engraver – USA

Culpepper & Co. Mother of Pearl – Supplier

David Ellis – Knife Purveyor – USA

Francesco Pachi – Photography – Italy

Paul Shindler, Knife Legends – Knife Purveyor – USA

Adam Deschler – Adam Unlimited – Supplier

Bill Hall – Knife Purveyor – USA

Last edited:
Oh, wow...That's quite a lineup of seriously talented makers! Now I'm thinking we might need to schedule an unexpected vacation to check this out! I've never been to Canada before:D

Mike -- if you want to stop in for a visit, you are more than welcome so if you want to extend your vacation let me know.

Thanks Murray! I might just take you up on that if you're sure it's no trouble. I told Susan there was going to be a show in Toronto and now she's excited too! We grab every chance we can to get out of town for a bit and do a little traveling. It's always good to see a little more of the world. I'm going to check and see if I can pull some strings and find a way to get us up there. Some of my favorite makers on the planet are going to be at the show and I would LOVE to see that collection of yours in person! I'll let you know if I can put it together. Thanks again!!!

Mike, Lorien and others -- anyone coming before or staying after the show is more than welcome to contact me and come out to our home for a visit and tour of the collection. There might even be some locals that wish to come also. Depending upon who wishes knives photographed for inclusion in the CKG website will affect how much time I have Friday and Saturday evening as I will be doing some photography at home of knives for the CKG and of course I will do images of the show and knives during the show. Hope to see and enjoy a lot of knives and the company of friends who are makers and collectors upon their arrival at the show.

try asking folks in the Community > Canadian as most there are into the tactical and manufactured knives as compared to folks frequenting Custom Knives. Not aware of any purveyors in Canada since Neil Ostroff of True North Knives moved to the US a couple years ago.

Back