Canal Street Cutlery

textoothpk

BANNED
Got my first one today, a stag handled swing guard. Quality is excellent. Seems to be a few opinions here in the forums that these are made by Queen. The pics in this story tells us differently. Shown here with an old Schrade catalog (repro) to reflect the knife's parentage.

http://www.recordonline.com/archive/2005/08/07/bizmain.htm

Phil
CSChalfopen.jpg

Congratulations. I have been very much impressed by the ones I have handled. Thank you for getting a pic up for us to drool over!

They may have farmed out some models (I think they mentioned that to me at the Canal Street booth at Blade), but many of the folks that are making knives for and are employed by Canal Street are x-Schrade makers.

Sweet looking knife! Can someone please direct me to a www where I can find these?

Looks like some nice stag there. Nice knife!

textoothpk said:
Seems to be a few opinions here in the forums that these are made by Queen.

I think there are some valid reasons for this though. Queen is (or was) apparently involved. From Cumberland's news page:

The first knife is a joint project with Queen Cutlery. If Queen thinks enough of them to lend a hand , Canal Street will soar high.

The shield looks reminiscent of Queen, as do the box and the blade steels used. I guess this is what led to the speculation.

Thanks Storky/Markus.... I just spent about 1 hour and $160 at that site! I got caught up in the Queen Classics, bought a Euro-stag and a red stag Dr. pattern. Now the unbearable wait!

Mongo said:
Thanks Storky/Markus.... I just spent about 1 hour and $160 at that site! I got caught up in the Queen Classics, bought a Euro-stag and a red stag Dr. pattern. Now the unbearable wait!

Some of Queen's products are made in amazingly low numbers too. Quite addictively collectible.

I hope Canal Street becomes similar with lots of different offerings.

Ryan8 said:
I hope Canal Street becomes similar with lots of different offerings.

I hope so. I am wating for a five inch pearl handled texas toothpick.

Phil

And I am waiting for something other than 420HC as their blade steel... :barf:

(yes, I guess I'm admitting to being a "steel snob" :foot: :rolleyes: :D )

Back