Candy Ken double-edged titanium sword

Here is a little custom blade, inspired by the Japanese ken double-edged sword. People say it looks kind of like a gladius or viking sword.

I call it the "candy ken" because of all the candy-coated colors on the titanium hilt parts.

Thin blade made of Russian BT23 titanium alloy, 23.25" in length, with a hilt of 6.25" for a total length of 29.5" and weighing in at 1 lb, 0.5 oz.

This is a really light, thin, fun little sword!

CH88AYC.jpg

Uf8Crsc.jpg

FJzScNn.jpg

UVBQPmB.jpg

rg6MkYP.jpg

pyYO4KB.jpg

Il5S0fu.jpg
Wow, wow,wow

We absolutely need videos of the boomerang, I don't know if I would poop my pants from fear or laughter at the sight of a spinning rainbow of death inbound.
The Sig P238 in rainbow Ti seems to create a love or hate reaction at the range. Or maybe that's because I only shoot it wearing skin tight pink neon Daisy Duke cutoff jeans shorts.
View attachment 1880316

Stainless steel with rainbow colors. That and steel things with a titanium nitride coating account for the vast majority of the products that say they’re “titanium” but aren’t. Other hornswoggles include calling a brushed gray finish “titanium” and having a “titanium series” of non-ti products.

Boomerang action:

That sword is absloutely gorgeous. I'd get in sooooo much trouble but it would be sooooooo much fun.

I see the boom, but not the rang. So it doesn't come back?
Whelp, you know what they say, if you love something, set it free, if it doesn't come back it's just not a boomerang.
Jk buddy, I'm sure that it's not supposed to return if you hit something with it.
I have literally 50+ strings of all kinds of strand counts, materials, and sizes. If you PM me what you need I will send a couple. I only ask that if we go through a dozen, you return the ones that you can't use.

I see the boom, but not the rang. So it doesn't come back?
Whelp, you know what they say, if you love something, set it free, if it doesn't come back it's just not a boomerang.
Jk buddy, I'm sure that it's not supposed to return if you hit something with it.
I have literally 50+ strings of all kinds of strand counts, materials, and sizes. If you PM me what you need I will send a couple. I only ask that if we go through a dozen, you return the ones that you can't use.

Thanks for the string offer. It will be a while before taking on the bow project, but I'll keep it in mind.

Ya when someone here at Bladeforums requested a boomerang, I thought it was the returning kind and was hesitant to make something that was guaranteed to eventually harm or kill the user, but he informed me that most hunting boomerangs don't return. The returning ones are for throwing through flocks of birds or are toys. Most hunting boomerangs are supposed to fly level along the ground, which it successfully did! They're for bonking emus and kangaroos, that sort of thing.

That sword is absloutely gorgeous. I'd get in sooooo much trouble but it would be sooooooo much fun.

Thanks Mack! That was my impression: just too much fun in one blade.

Back