Can't decide between the Cricket and the Calypso Jr Ltwt

I'm stuck in between the Cricket and the Calypso Jr Ltwt. The Calypso has far supierior steel, and flat grind, but I really like how the cricket looks. Also, I could carry the cricket pretty much anywhere, because of the short blade length. I guess the Calypso doesn't have an outrageous blade length either, though. Mabye I should just get both of them. Please tell me your opinions.

Thanks!

Jeff

Get the calypso jr. It's great. I've been carrying mine almost everyday for a year now.

--Matt

I bought my Tufram/Serrated cricket back in march, used it every day since!

I have a Calypso jr lightweight on order, will have it in november or so, after I get the cash built up...

the cricket only gets odd looks when I tighten it up, and it clicks as I open it.

Hey, Jefroman. How's it going?

Before I give you my opinion on your question, just wanted to ask about your avatar. Does that symbol have particular significance for you? Are you disabled in some fashion? Hope not, but it really doesn't matter.

I know your age, cause you've posted it. Boys at that age are at varying places on a potentially vast continuum of physical changes. Some have shot up to near, or even past, 6'. Others, are languishing back in the high 4's.

Your hand size could be adult, or still fairly small. If, in fact, your hands haven't grown very much, then the smaller knife might well be much more comfortable for you, than one designed with an adult hand in mind. (I know, all are sort of designed for adult hands, but you know what I mean.)

I think that little downturned end on the blade of the Cricket may also be pretty important. It really depends on what kind of cutting and use you expect to put a knife to. (Sorry about the ending preposition)If you're opening lots of boxes, etc, the Cricket is probably ideal. For much "regular" cutting, I'm not sure that curved edge will be as useful for you as the Calypso's more "standard" edge.

Remember that a lot of people think the Calypso Jr Ltwt, is one of the best cutting knives of all to be had. I think the Cricket is a bit more of a niche knife than the Calypso.

If you want the knife mostly for cool, then buy the one you think is the coolest! It could be that simple.

Let us know your decision! Okay?

Back