Carbidizer on the way!

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
I just ordered a tungsten carbide applicator for my knives! It applies 72 Rockwell carbide! I'm going to use it on the flat side of my chisel ground knives, especially Titanium gear, it will rock!

Self sharpening knives! As the slightly softer steel or titanium wears away the rock hard carbide will slowly expose itself and get sharper and sharper!

Can you guys imagine, Titanium kitchen and filet knives, carbidized massive choppers, razor sharp carbidized Titanium neckers! :cool::cool::cool:

dayum, more interesting things are coming out...

I have had a Carbide Applicator on my wish list for longer than any item! I'm excited to be getting it, 72 RC is going to be cool! It applies grippy texture also plus the carbidizing looks cool.

carbidize everything! i know it is amazing on slicers, but I wonder how it will hold up against shock, like when a chopper is used as intended?

I'll just have to see on the cost, I really don't know how much labor and carbide cost will go in to each blade. I want to keep it as affordable as possible. :D

I'm going to carbidize tons of knives and see how it works and holds up. My cheap HF machete will get it for sure! It will be a good test for durability, I'll use that piece of junk for a shovel if I want to! :D Testing is the fun part!

I have 2 or 3 knives with carbidized edges, one from Ban, one from Snody, and maybe just the 2.. I'd have to check.. either way, its a cool feature, and I especially like the side of the top of the spine carbidized as it helps with grip :)

I think used on Ti makes the most sense.. BOOOYAKASHA. guys.

I have 2 or 3 knives with carbidized edges, one from Ban, one from Snody, and maybe just the 2.. I'd have to check.. either way, its a cool feature, and I especially like the side of the top of the spine carbidized as it helps with grip :)

I think used on Ti makes the most sense.. BOOOYAKASHA. guys.

That sounds about right, I have heard the carbide is geared towards slicing not chopping. the textureizing is going to be really cool.

I need to look up what a carbidized knife works best on, I want to say on stuff like vegetables it should last almost indefinitely.

Booyakasha! Ali G, lol...

Back