Caribbean.....out finally ..got one....

Did anyone else's Caribbean Compression Lock come with a very stiff action? The blade on mine won't drop free when I press the lockbar all the way in like every other compression locking spyderco I've ever had.

My Caribbean is now comparable to my Pm2’s. After some use, it continues to smooth out.

I thought I was mostly done with buying new knives, but this one looks like a must-have for me at some point.

Jim

Did anyone else's Caribbean Compression Lock come with a very stiff action? The blade on mine won't drop free when I press the lockbar all the way in like every other compression locking spyderco I've ever had.
yep. I wrote about it in my post. doesn't bother me though.

How does the Caribbean clip to the pocket? Is it abrasive, or does it cause undue pocket ware? It realize that black part in the middle is to create a smooth spot for the clip, but how does it slide in and out of pocket?

Thanks.

Jim

How does the Caribbean clip to the pocket? Is it abrasive, or does it cause undue pocket ware? It realize that black part in the middle is to create a smooth spot for the clip, but how does it slide in and out of pocket?

Thanks.

Jim

mine is snug enough but not too much. smooth in and out.....no pocket grab, but also wont move around or fall out.

the ridges are smooth enough. great for grip....not rough on mine.

I’d close it like backlock. Press the lock with thumb, index in the Spydiehole, once released, push down with index finger. The only difference is on backlock the thumb presses down, on compression lock, it presses sideways.

I just pinch the lock between my thumb and middle finger; then I push the spine with my index. Fingers are out of the blade path anyway.

Got my plain edge sheepsfoot last week. Action is smooth and blade shape is very useful.
This is my first spyderco...and now definitely not the last. Have my eye on the cqi spydiechef.

Last edited:
Hi 1moreblade,

Welcome to our forum and thanx much for the trust to spend your hard earned dollars on one of our designs. Thanx also for the support.

sal

I'm planning on ordering one soon. I'm about 90% going for the PE leaf-shaped blade. That sheepsfoot looks great too, though. I think for my uses, the leaf-shaped blade is just a little more versatile.

Jim

Sal, you knocked it out of the park with this knife. I got mine today and it is even better than expected. The size is great, the action is excellent and the milling to the g10 is really cool and functional. I’m taking the family to the beach for vacation soon and can’t wait to bring this along.

Just received mine today. Anyone find the detent to be a little bit too weak? I feel like the detent hole on the blade is a bit too small and only the tip of the detent ball is sitting in the detent. I compared the Carribean to other Golden made compression lock models i.e. paramilitary & shaman, the detent only seat 1/2 as deep. I've seen similar comment about weak detent on Spyderco's official forum, not sure i got a bad sample, but mine is so weak that i can gravity the blade out with very light push.

The detent on my Caribbean is a strong medium, if that makes any sense. I can not shake the blade free when closed.

Mine is not weak but not heavy either. Just very smooth when it engages and disengages. Kind of deceiving in its operation. Maybe just the smoothness of the ceramic detent ball.

Back