Carnie Talonite

Has anyone seen or handled the new Carnie Talonite model? Saw one picture in a knife book but can't remember where.
recondoc

------------------
Semper Fi!
Corpsman Up! Answering the call for 103 years.
Proud member of PETA (People For The Eating of Tasty Animals)

I believe REKAT made 300 Talonite Carnivours and Rob Simonich made 300 (don't quote me on the numbers, but I think that's what I heard). I have a friend who has one of the REKAT models and it's the smoothest REKAT I've handled by far. I don't know if there's anywhere you can still buy them or not, but my friend is thinking of selling his. Hopefully someone who knows more will chime in here with more information.

------------------
Jason aka medusaoblongata
-----------------------
This space for rent.

I've seen only one Simonich talonite Carnivour. It was a beauty with wood scales. My only problem with it was that it had stainless liners and so wasn't completely corrosion proof, but by far the nicest Carnie I've seen. Crawford makes talonite Carnies,I think.
I have only one REKAT, and that's the Pocket Hobbit. If the talonite Carnie has the same action, I would certainly look for a Crawford or Simonich instead.

I could be wrong, but I thought Pat Crawford made some Talonite Carnivores as well. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that Talonite was an option on his website for the Carnivores.

------------------
A Pat on the Back is only a few inches from a Kick in the Butt.

Yes, Mr. Crawford made Talonite carnivores as an option to his regular carnies.. I thnk the base price was aroud 500 to 550.00.

The rolling lock seemed =\ on my custom carnie though.. poo!

REKAT, myself, and Crawford each made around 33 of the Talonite Carnivore's, so they are hard to find! I did all the bladework on the REKAT models.

Back