Carnivour in non-stainless?

I have publicised elsewhere my desire to get 'something with a solid lock and non-stainless steel' as a heavy-duty worker knife.

I'm poking the folks over at Benchmade to produce an Axis in M2, and I figured it might pay to poke REKAT to see if they had plans to turn out a run of Carnivours in something a bit more rugged than ATS-34.

Any luck?

Mike

------------------
Hey! Uncle Sam!

(_!_) Nyah nyah nyah!

Refund! You lose! :)

Wow. Silence? This is the crowd that discusses folding swords and 5.5" Klingon Battle Daggers. Is a mundane request like an alternative steel just not worthy of comment?

wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Mike
smile.gif

PS Stay tuned for tomorrow, where I will act out Cartman's Tea Party scene from South Park...
wink.gif

------------------
Hey! Uncle Sam!

(_!_) Nyah nyah nyah!

Coronach: What did you say? We're all partying in the other room and couldn't hear you
smile.gif

I'm a pretty consistent and strong advocate for knife companies playing around with tool steels in their models. I'm willing to forgive REKAT for not doing so for now, because they're a small company with few models and (probably) struggling to keep up with production.

I say we let 'em off the hook for now. Give 'em a month or two before we start demanding our D-2 Carnivores
smile.gif

Joe
jat@cup.hp.com

Coronach
Silence is golden but we are not hiding remeber us the 1095 High Carbon BlackT people. We are looking at diffrent steels and will offer somthing diffrent in the near future. I have never been a great fan of ATS-34 but it is the consumer choice. Once again we are to small to do everything at once have faith were working on it.

Bob Taylor

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints and escaping

*grin*

I figured a major sticking point would be the fact that you are a very small company. Its not like you can just toss another project into the hat on a lark.

Any idea on the timeline for something like that (mmmm....D2......mmmmm.....a2...mmmmmm.....1095......mmmm....doughnuts)? Yeah, yeah, you can't say for sure, thats understandable. Just ballpark? early next yearish?

Mike

------------------
Hey! Uncle Sam!

(_!_) Nyah nyah nyah!

Coronach
Hey do you have $5,000.00 you could lend us for 6 months intrest free. Then we will get right on it and you will get the very first one of each knife we make from your steel free of course. Such a deal!
*WIDE SMILE*
Bob Taylor

Hmmm....depends on how many knife designs you plan on making from that steel.
smile.gif
It _could_ be a deal after all...but somehow I do not think The Wife would approve of draining all the accounts for this transaction.
wink.gif

BTW, I pondered replying with: "Sure, Bob. I need your address, though. Is a personal cheque okay?" I wonder what your reaction would have been?
wink.gif

Hey, you know, though? You may have just hit upon a good fundraising idea. For X dollars sent to REKAT by a forumite, they get a signed receipt from REKAT promising 1. reimbursement within Y months (no interest) and 2. a free, special contributors edition knife (or, a chance to buy same at a massive discount, whichever is more economically feasible).

Huuuh. You'd have to consider carefully the cost of the freebee vs. the amount loaned, and you also might need to include an escape clause (if Z dollars are not raised in this manner, we cannot buy the Widget we need, and thus the money will be returned to you with our apologies). But it could easily work wonders.

Mike

------------------
Hey! Uncle Sam!

(_!_) Nyah nyah nyah!

So basically a coprerate bond, but with interest payed in knives...I like it! I've invested in stranger things before
Aaron
ps I know, why don't you sell knife futures(I'll get a sifu in april, or whatever, for pre-production knives)

------------------
aaronm@cs.brandeis.edu
I like my women like I like my knives: strong, sharp, well-formed and pattern-welded!

*grin*

Wonder what Bob thinks?
wink.gif

Mike

------------------
Hey! Uncle Sam!

(_!_) Nyah nyah nyah!

Bob Thinks the SEC and FBI would be knocking on my door. We have had a number of offers to buy into REKAT. I don't play well with others. To clear one item up while we are on the subject. I own 0% of REKAT nor am I the CEO. I am a REKAT volunteer. They promised me a tee shirt that says it and there are other bennies he he. REKAT is owned by Christina Montero and Robert Brothers (the switchblade dude and the only true knifemaker in the company). I have been accused of being a knifemaker in the past and thats a insult to all those who have that talent. A knfe designer and knife abuser yes. Knife maker not in the wildest streach of the imagination.

Bob Taylor

------------------
Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints and escaping.

Back