Carson Tech Lab?

Does anybody know anything about this manufacturer, all I have been able to gather is that it is a relatively new high quality manufacturer from china, and the few things I've seen about it are all very positive. I'm really interested in the Carson tech boiling, but I cant find it for sale anywhere. Any information would be great thanks!

Here is a pic of what I am talking about, sorry its so big, I cant figure out how to shrink it

6.jpg

Well, I am a beginner in this game, but since I got really interested in the Carson Tech Labs Griffin, I took some time to google and ask around. First of all - it seems that since 2013-2014 these knives were made available via Real Steel and even there these are all sold out. I have contacted two retailers and got a reply that these are currently not in production. I did not get answer directly from Real Steel or Carson Tech Labs yet. I will post once I will figure out.

I have seen one boling on eBay - you may want to check.

I have the Carson tech boling and love it. It is prolly the best flipping action of any knife I own. It's also a great looking knife with gorgeous lines. If you can find one buy it, you won't regret it.

Mike

Great knife! I know they are for sale on a certain "express" website, and the quality might be questionable. It's up to you if you're willing to take that gamble.

F0FD686D-6F0E-428E-B2D0-FC3375DE76B4_zps4oey5t96.jpg

I purchased mine on the Exchange - listed as "new, unused". It looked as described; but it was paper ripping dull with uneven bevels. I sharpened it with my KME, and it took some time with the 300 grit diamond stone to get it fairly well cleaned up (I say "fairly well" because there is a section near the tip that is still poor/uneven; but I didn't want to continue removing steel - there will be other sharpenings).
I've spoken with other owners, and this does not appear to be the norm - in fact, a couple expressed suspicion that the seller had misrepresented the knife. I wasn't thrilled with having to invest that time on a new knife...but I would have had to sharpen it eventually, anyway; and I really like the knife itself. I'm glad I bought it; though, on some level, I sort of regret delaying my purchase until I had to go secondhand.

I have not found the Griffin anywhere - could anyone PM that 'express' site so that I can check out?

Alright, thank you guys I appreciate the help, and Matus, if you hear back from carson tech labs, or real steal, please do let us know what they say, I guess that's our best hope!

Add me to the list of people who own the boil/boiling. I love it. I think its one of, if not the best chinese knife I have owned. As for the "other" place to get them I feel the reason the knives get a bad rep is because the site is more known for selling replicas and counterfeits. But IMHO its not too far of a stretch to think that those dealers in china may have easier access to those knives being in the same country. And really its not so different from dealers in the states. There are numerous well respected dealers that sell clones as well as original works. No they dont sell counterfeits most times but some dont differentiate between clone and counterfeit. And honestly I have a suspicion that the knife industry in china is a pretty small community. And there are numerous chinese knife companies that have more than one operation. Some are double dipping. In other words some legit chinese factories make clones to pay the bills to allow them to make their own products. Many choose not to discuss that and prefer to keep an ignorance is bliss perspective. Either way, I am in the camp that if I can save $50 on an identical knife, I will do it. Its not like you can support an american dealer with your purchase either way. Your money is either going to russia or china.

I have not found the Griffin anywhere - could anyone PM that 'express' site so that I can check out?

You dont have a paid membership so no pm is possible. And you dont have email turned on so I cant do that either.

You dont have a paid membership so no pm is possible. And you dont have email turned on so I cant do that either.

I actually have 5 PM allowanvce (I did expect a little more, but nevertheless), but I have just activated the email :)

I just got the following answer from bladestore.pro (official dealer in Russia)

Hello Matus,

First batch of Griffins was produced from Nitrobe 77 steel but now
they available only with RWL34 steel because Nitrobe no more produced
by Erasteel. I can't provide any information about availability of
Griffins, maybe 2-4 month or so. The blade thickness behind the bevel
is 0.3-0.4 mm. If you're looking for the same blade — you need to look
on Boiling model which will be available soon.

Thank you for your interest!

Ok, well I guess I will just wait a bit and see what comes up. Thanks so much for the info, I appreciate you finding that. I'm not liking the looks of that express place though...

Yeah, that express place makes it hard to guess whether there is decent seller on the other side.

Back