CASE 2012 Shot Show Sowbelly

This is my first Case in a few years, well actually my first traditional in a few years! The Sowbelly pattern is a favorite of mine. I didn't really care about the fact it is a limited production piece, what sold me was the way it feels in my hand. It has no sharp edges except for the ones that are expected, and they are very well done. The fit and finish is excellent with the ebony wood scales a perfect contradiction to the polished nickel silver bolsters, stainless back springs, and brass liners.

I realize that most of you see this level of finish all the time, but for me, being absent from slippies for so long, this is just something that really fascinates me. The knife is so smooth in my hand, and the blades, so thin, are like razor blades. Their swedges are just perfect and really set off the blades.

Guess you can tell I am really taken with this piece. Has this knife been done so well because it is a Shot Show special, and a Tony Bose design, or does Case finish all their knives this well?

As I said, it has been a while since I had a Case knife and as I remember they were well built and the ones I had came with great fit.finish, and razor sharp blades, but this knife just seems to be a step above.

I can do some phone pics but they are not the best by any means. I will try to get some tomorrow when the sunlight is available.:thumbup::)

Sounds like a nice pocket knife, will it be carried and used or kept all pretty?

I like the single blade Sowbelly, is a slim frame with a decent size blade, side by side it's as big as my small Sebenza 21.

I carry mine all the time, I won it from a member here at BFC, it has beautiful Winterbottom Bone Scales.

A great pattern for sure, enjoy.

I am carrying it in my pocket as I type and have been since I bought it this past weekend. I don't really need a knife everyday, but I actually carry 4 each day! Due to a SCI in July 2012 I use a fannypack to carry meds, wallet, spare lighters, a Leatherman Juice S2, a Boker Plus PSK fixed blade. In my right front pocket I currently have a Citadel/Fox Deimos, and the Case in my left front pocket. So to answer the question, it will be kept as pretty as possible but I make no promises!

T, does the three-blade Sowbelly usually have three springs? Mine has two, but still feels really slim in my hand. No complaints though. I cannot remember what the setup was on the last Sowbelly was, thus the question.

Anyway, I am going back to the store I got this one from and take a look at a Sowbelly with black horn they have. Maybe buffalo horn? Anyway, I really like the Case knives Ihave gotten over the past decade as they are a definite step up from their product of the 80's, and early 90's.

Here is a crappy cell phone pic of the Case along with the Fox Deimos. Every time I put back money for a camera, I end up using it for a knife. Go figure that out!!

Also carry a Sig P232. It is a .380. Looks like a Walther PPK,but much tighter than the PPK I had in the 90's.

I really like the sowbelly frame. The Case main blade is beautiful in its proportions. The sunken joints make it a very pocket friendly knife. Both of mine are single blade. One was the standard 3 blade version that I had modified to take the spey and sheepsfoot blades out of. I carried it last week some. The other one is a stag & damascus single blade.

Novemberknives002.jpg

The cranberry bone as modified:

knives1103-013-1.jpg

and before it was modified:

knives1103-.jpg

Ed J

Back