Case CS?

afishhunter

Gold Member
Forgive me, I have less than zero experience with Case's customer service.

Do they allow people to send in Case knives for sharpening, even if they are not the original purchaser?
If they do, does anyone know roughly what they charge for that service?

The knife I'm thinking of sending in is a TB61028W DAM with a Damascus Wharncliffe blade.
Part of the blade could stand to be re-etched. Do you think they would be willing and able to do that, or should I contract Devin Thomas, who made the Damascus?

I presume they won't re-etch the guy in the canoe on my CV canoe. :(

Thank you in advance.

Forgive me, I have less than zero experience with Case's customer service.

Do they allow people to send in Case knives for sharpening, even if they are not the original purchaser?
If they do, does anyone know roughly what they charge for that service?

The knife I'm thinking of sending in is a TB61028W DAM with a Damascus Wharncliffe blade.
Part of the blade could stand to be re-etched. Do you think they would be willing and able to do that, or should I contract Devin Thomas, who made the Damascus?

I presume they won't re-etch the guy in the canoe on my CV canoe. :(

Thank you in advance.
I think some of these questions do not belong here on the forum. Easiest thing is just to call Case. They have a toll free number, and also e-mail. Check out their website. In my limited contact with them, they have been responsive.

Yes...Case is closed. A CS agent emailed me last week and stated that some craftsman are working from home on repairs but they have slowed to a near halt. Nonetheless he placed my name in queue. I found them to be courteous & responsive.

I think some of these questions do not belong here on the forum..

My apologies.
Mods, Please close and delete this thread. I did not mean to offend anyone.

I just sharpen my Case Damascus knives like any other knife and when the pattern fades I just stick it in an apple and the pattern is back better than when I first purchased
I'll try to bum an apple from staff and give that a try. Thanks.

Yep, gotta be closed down. I sent them an email about a warranty repair on April 13th and haven't heard anything back yet. Just gotta be patient during this craziness if you have questions.

My apologies.
Mods, Please close and delete this thread. I did not mean to offend anyone.

I'll try to bum an apple from staff and give that a try. Thanks.
I certainly took no offense--was just giving you a heads up. I do think the company will be responsive, at least once they open back up. By the way, just received my first Case canoe today! Will post later in other threads. :)

I certainly took no offense--was just giving you a heads up. I do think the company will be responsive, at least once they open back up. By the way, just received my first Case canoe today! Will post later in other threads. :)
Congrats on the Case Canoe!
I like mine (Amber Bone CV) a lot. :)

I can’t do an etch, but I can sharpen your knife if you want me to. Put your email address on my profile page if you are interested.

Back