Case Moose VS. Case Trapper?

I've been eyeballing the CV Trapper lately. Now I'm looking at the CV Moose. My questions are. Are the blades the same size? Moose blade a little bigger, longer? Calls for trapper closed = 4 1/8". Moose = 4 1/4". I like the idea of the two longer blades. One for work and the other for food prep. Is one model stronger/ beefier than the other? Anyone dissapointed in the Moose? Thanks, Matt :)

My sister was once bitten by a moose.

Moose bites can be very painful.

(Apologies to Monty Python.)

No, I don't have anything significant to add, it just tickled my funnybone. The Moose is one pattern I do not own at this time.

Love Trappers, though...

-- Sam

I have both CASE patterns the moose in Red bone CV and patroit Blue bone SS the clip on the trapper is more of a Turkish clip (center of spine is narrower,blade is not as wide) if that makes since and the spey is exactley the same, moose as stated is a fuzz longer. I'm a fan of the Old Timer muskrat pattern and bought the moose to compare the two but I digress,soo the answer to the difference between trapper and moose depends, frame Big difference and blade placement Big difference blade shape Small difference blade length NO difference thats my.02 worth FWIW.

Last edited:
only blade diference i can see, like 6.0stroker said, is that the moose clip blade it higher ...

One(practical, not astetic; I like the moose look more) reason I like the moose, the spey blade sits really low in the frame, doesn't dig the hand as much while using the clip blade.

My sister was once bitten by a moose.

Moose bites can be very painful.

(Apologies to Monty Python.)

No, I don't have anything significant to add, it just tickled my funnybone. The Moose is one pattern I do not own at this time.

Love Trappers, though...

-- Sam

I like chocolate moose....:)

Is the Moose a single spring?
If so it will be narrower than a Trapper, if that is a consideration.

No, its 2 springs, but there is no center liner so it is a little thinner,(do case trappers have a center liner? I don't have one to look at to check..)

G.

Back