Case Sodbuster Grinds

I have just purchased several Sodbuster Juniors. The 2015 Damascus blade has a hollow grind as does a 2018 Yellow Derlin. Two 2018 bone and stag knives do not have the hollow grind. Is this just a rndom happening or is there an intended model distinction?

HiCap1

Interesting question.
I only have one Case Sodbuster Jr, a five "x". (Sorry, I don't know what year that makes it)
It has black synthetic covers, "True Sharp" stainless blade, and a hollow grind.

Yours was put together in 2015. My Damascus blade is a 2015. However, my new yellow delrin is a 2018, and is also hollow ground. My other 2018 models with stag and Bone grips are not hollow ground

I don't remember ever seeing one that was not hollow ground. can you post a picture?

I did no know they made them with hollow grind. Does not seem a good choice on a hard use knife like the sodbuster.

I am unable to post a picture. Sorry. What I was going to post was a picture of a yellow Delrin, hollow ground and a bone stag, a bone and a gum fuddy all flat ground, all of which were manufactured 2018. My Damascus blade was manufactered in 2015 and is hollow ground.

I am unable to post a picture. Sorry. What I was going to post was a picture of a yellow Delrin, hollow ground and a bone stag, a bone and a gum fuddy all flat ground, all of which were manufactured 2018. My Damascus blade was manufactered in 2015 and is hollow ground.

Many of us use imgur. Open an account, it's free, upload your images, copy the BBCode and paste it into the forum text box. Voila! It's a bit different on a phone or tablet but still doable. Copy the URL, open the image box (the button with the hill and sun) and paste there, hit insert and hopefully that'll give you an image.

Many of us use imgur. Open an account, it's free, upload your images, copy the BBCode and paste it into the forum text box. Voila! It's a bit different on a phone or tablet but still doable. Copy the URL, open the image box (the button with the hill and sun) and paste there, hit insert and hopefully that'll give you an image.

When using my phone i can only post pics part of the time, other times a little box appears where the image should be. What should I be doing differently?

I have three Sod Buster Jrs. The iconic black-handled one with the brushed satin steel finish and blade etch is a very distinct hollow grind, and wicked sharp. The other two are the bone-handed Chestnut Bone CV and Amber Bone SS and they are both definitely full flat ground - no hint of concavity.

All great knives, but I like the hollow grind better. It's one of the things I really love about most Case knives.

Back