Case Texas Jack review and questions!

To the OP: The Small TJ is a fine pattern, you might say a must have knife. If you find its main blade a bit narrow, then it's worth considering GEC's 66 Jack pattern as this has a blade that's a good bit broader yet its dimensions are also compact. Another very worthwhile Jack pattern is Queen Cutlery's No.51. to my mind this is THE best in hand Jack pattern, very comfortable knife with half-stop. If you like D2, I certainly do, this is another attraction.

Thanks, Will

Say, I like that one-- as-ground blades, black delrin? What's its length?

~ P.
This knife needs to be a Forum knife. 3 1/4" to 3 3/8" is the perfect length. The rounded bolsters and serpentine shape make it extremely pocket friendly. It's like a peanut, but on steroids. This knife would be fantastic in CV, or better yet in Damascus! Natural bone or wood handles would complete the package!

The Case (Lg) Texas Jack is the 6292 and it is discontinued. It measures right at 4". Mine is a 1998 I think.
TexasJack2_zpscb7e8570.jpg
You made me go buy that exact knife! haha It should be here friday! now for the waiting game...
And thanks for all the great photos and information! It really helped!

You made me go buy that exact knife! haha It should be here friday! now for the waiting game...
And thanks for all the great photos and information! It really helped!

:thumbup: For me, that big Texas Jack is one of the iconic Case patterns! If I had the money, I'd buy one for each day of the week! :D

BTW, please post some pics of that classic when it gets there! :)

To the OP: The Small TJ is a fine pattern, you might say a must have knife. If you find its main blade a bit narrow, then it's worth considering GEC's 66 Jack pattern as this has a blade that's a good bit broader yet its dimensions are also compact. Another very worthwhile Jack pattern is Queen Cutlery's No.51. to my mind this is THE best in hand Jack pattern, very comfortable knife with half-stop. If you like D2, I certainly do, this is another attraction.

Thanks, Will

All right I'll check those out I appreciate the suggestions! Ive been looking at the gec knifes for awhile I think I will save up and try one out! And I'll make sure to post some pics whenever it gets here!

Great. When will I learn to stop opening TJ threads!? Sigh. Such nice little knives. I think I like the medium jack a bit more, but there is just something so....wholesome.....about the Texas Jack.

Well it came in the mail toady! There is some problems... Little side to side play which I can fix so no big deal. But the pen blade sits to high it's almost to where the tip of the blade could poke you! Minus those problems the thing is amazing, by far my favorite knife so far! So I was wondering if I could sand down the "kick" as mentioned above to correct this? What exactly is the kick? Is it the part of the tang were it's already ground? I would rather not send it to case and wait weeks! So any advice helps! Thanks! Heres a horrible picture ill post a better one tomorrow! !
c583d07e-faa3-4cdd-bebc-1e2c9ef21dd4_zps038e0482.jpg

Sorry to hear that bro....

Here's the kick...

Thekick_zpsa8ec1d9a.jpg

I have very carefully, very slowly filed down the kick on a Boker Stockman that had the same prob on the main blade. If you overdo it, the edge will contact the backspring and it can't be fixed unless you re-profile the blade to make it thinner (more shallow).

But having said that, seeing how it's such a fine beautiful old knife, if it were me, I would send it to Case and have them fix both probs so it was perfect. That's just me because I would never attempt to tighten that sideplay.

It is a beautiful knife!!!!!

Last edited:
3a944fc6-80f8-4748-aeda-e38ae65ad688_zpsdbd5b12d.jpg

80b9ed7a-5763-4ed0-8a26-56b4b5933314_zpsa5105458.jpg

Well as promised here is some better pics! And SAKguy I guess you're right its better to wait then screw it up I suppose haha! But I sure am going to miss this one!
Tomorrow will be the sad day. Ill be sending her in to case. But ill let you guys know how their warranty program works for me. Thanks for all the help!

Well as promised here is some better pics! And SAKguy I guess you're right its better to wait then screw it up I suppose haha! But I sure am going to miss this one!
Tomorrow will be the sad day. Ill be sending her in to case. But ill let you guys know how their warranty program works for me. Thanks for all the help!
Well it's a great looking knife! I hope they can get it fixed up to your liking.

My fav is the 6292 TJ; here's one compared to a 'customized' single blade 32:

I'm fond of the '70's models, as they're common and reasonably priced (unless they're red bone) and still have the great F&F Case was famous for. I especially like the N/S framed models like this one:

3a944fc6-80f8-4748-aeda-e38ae65ad688_zpsdbd5b12d.jpg

80b9ed7a-5763-4ed0-8a26-56b4b5933314_zpsa5105458.jpg

Very pretty knife JB! :thumbup: Love that long nose clip on the TJ's!

My fav is the 6292 TJ; here's one compared to a 'customized' single blade 32:

I'm fond of the '70's models, as they're common and reasonably priced (unless they're red bone) and still have the great F&F Case was famous for. I especially like the N/S framed models like this one:

Love 'em! :thumbup:

I love those Case jacks, especially the "medium jack" in black synthetic with as ground blades:

caseblackjack.jpg

It carries nicely in any of my pockets, and does its job admirably well. :thumbup:

Just had my small Texas jack in my pocket the other day:

casetexasjack.jpg

Sweet knife, and the pen blade is my all time favorite.

I would like to buy a Texas Jack but it doesn't look like there are too many choices for the cv other than the amber bone.

I love those Case jacks, especially the "medium jack" in black synthetic with as ground blades:

caseblackjack.jpg

It carries nicely in any of my pockets, and does its job admirably well. :thumbup:

I will get one of these at some point...I have a Case Stockman in this size and I really like it! The Surgical Steel blades hold a decent edge (but I still like the CV). :D

I would like to buy a Texas Jack but it doesn't look like there are too many choices for the cv other than the amber bone.
There is also a 52032 Medium Jack model in their Stag Rancher CV series, with an embellished blade and a higher price tag. Case's offerings in CV steel are limited currently to 6 handle material families and not all patterns are available in all families. However they are always changing things up with every new catalog so maybe if you wait a while they may offer one in a handle material you like.

There is also a 52032 Medium Jack model in their Stag Rancher CV series, with an embellished blade and a higher price tag. Case's offerings in CV steel are limited currently to 6 handle material families and not all patterns are available in all families. However they are always changing things up with every new catalog so maybe if you wait a while they may offer one in a handle material you like.

I'm going to take your advice and wait a while to see if they offer anything different in the future. Thanks. :thumbup:

Back