Casual jeans reccomendation?

Looking for a good pair of casual jeans that aren't the skinny Nancy boy type jeans found everywhere today...
I want something that actually has decent sized pockets so I can fit all my stuff in my pants. I'm tired of buying $25 pairs of Levis that wear out in a few months, and can't even fit a cell phone, wallet, folder and keys comfortably. Not to mention Levi's political stance :rolleyes:

So in short, I'm looking for something that leaves room for my legs and junk to breath, and have enough space in my pockets to actually fit things.

What do you do in your Levi's that are causing them to wear out every few months? I wear Levi's when I camp, work, hike, etc. and mine have lasted well over a year and are still going.

I don't know, I usually wear them 2-3 times before washing unless I've been working outside or sweating in them. The pockets seem to wear out quickly, especially the back pockets. And I start getting threads that pull on the front thigh area very quickly as well. I don't usually wear them for work either, I have several other pairs of "grimeys" for anything other than casual wearing.

seconding the duluth ballroom jeans. they're fantastic, and the lining in the pockets keeps your folder from tearing them up too much. good price, too. arborwear also makes some jeans with a gusseted crotch.

I was about to say something snarky like "casual...what kind of jeans aren't casual?" but then I saw you're in Tucson. Jeans without holes in them are "dressy" for Tucson.:D

I live and work in Wranglers and have done so for years,the relaxed fit jeans have plenty of room and they're cheaper than Levis.Besides that Wrangler is the only company that I've found that makes pants in a 33 waist.:thumbup:

Bass Pro Shops sells Carharts. Great, tough jeans, priced reasonably.

Sierra Trading Post usually has great deals on Carrhart stuff.

I've been wearing Levi's my whole life. My current favorites are the 550s Relaxed Fit. The pockets are a decent size. That said, I myself will probably be looking at some Carharrts too.

Get yourself a pair of Carhartts...You'll never go back to Levi jeans.

I live and work in Wranglers and have done so for years,the relaxed fit jeans have plenty of room and they're cheaper than Levis.Besides that Wrangler is the only company that I've found that makes pants in a 33 waist.:thumbup:

you must be going to the wrong store, yo. levis come in 33.

Carhartt 15 ounce carpenter jeans... been wearing 'em for years... most comfortable & durable jeans you can get.

Casual jeans. Go with button flys. They give ya 5 chances to change your mind. :D

After wearing Levis most of my life, I finally tried some Lee jeans. Haven't bought another pair of Levis since. Still have to try the Carthartt jeans.

Cabela's and Eddie Bauer 'house' jeans hold up pretty well, but if you are wearing out regular Levis, I also say Carhart...they wear like iron. The Duluth pants made out of the 'firehose' weave are also very tough. Only trouble with both of them is they are really heavy...gets a bit old for every day wear unless you are doing heavy work.

I vote for Carhartts as well, I usually see some good buys at Cabela's for Carharrts and also check into sportsmansguide.com as they have some good specials on them from time to time as well.

I have many brands including Wrangler, including some of the Wrangler Riggs jeans which are some heavy duty jeans by the way, Levi, Eddie Bauer, Izod, Faded Glory and more but of all these my favorites are the ones called Dickies industrial carpenters jeans and Round House jeans which are made here in Oklahoma

http://www.dickies.com/product/prod...845524441761384&ADD_CART_ITEM::ATR_Sku_Size=_

and which ironically are the least expensive jeans of the bunch listed. I get them at Atwoods, which is a tractor and farm supply store here in town. I also like the overalls by this Roundhouse company and have those as well. I used to love OshKosh overalls the best but now I almost exclusively buy the Round House when I want those. Round House makes some good products in my opinion. http://www.round-house.com/index.html

STR

Back