Catcherman H1?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Fishstalker, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Itch Blade

Itch Blade

Dec 27, 2009
    I guess I didn't know very far! ;)

2. frank k

frank k

May 8, 2001
    Great looking knife! Glad to see the Catcherman making a comeback, hope it becomes a regular part of the Spyderco line up again.

3. upnorth

upnorth

Nov 25, 2006
    Very cool knife.:thumbup:

4. malago0

malago0

Aug 20, 2010
    Very cool, that will be great for fileting, hope it's ready this summer

5. shunsui

shunsui Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Looks like it's that time. Check out sypderco's forum and USN (if you're a member). Details evolving on toxic green, black coated, combo edge, and USN logo H1 Catcherman. Coming very soon. :emot-yarr:

6. RevDevil

RevDevil

Nov 9, 2009
    +1 for the necro post...

7. JNewell

JNewell

Nov 18, 2005
    Yes, a blast from the past.

Direct order from SFO only, limit 2x/customer.

I thought there was a "new knife" post here from Dan, but I can't find it. There is a post by Dan at Spyderco Forums with details.

8. Jenner 515

Jenner 515

Nov 27, 2002
    If I am there at the SFO bright and early - Cash in hand. Can I get one. Or can you only get them online?

9. arty

arty

Oct 18, 2003
    I think that I made an error earlier - the blade is 4 3/4" and the handle is almost 6".

10. HaroldB

HaroldB

Dec 9, 2007
    Got mine coming!:D

11. shunsui

Aug 12, 2008
  12. JNewell

JNewell

Nov 18, 2005
    Here's a really quick preview/overview of the USN Catcherman. I'm just about dead from two days of post-Irene cleanup so apologies if I've missed anything. The blade does have a surprising amount of flex due to the relatively thin bladestock (which is what you'd want for a filet knife in any case).

[video=youtube;GymGBMpLohk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GymGBMpLohk[/video]

13. Cosmo7809

Cosmo7809

Dec 4, 2008
    Thanks for the video. Cant wait to get mine!

14. shunsui

Aug 12, 2008
    +1 Great vid. :thumbup:
    If they aren't sold out already, it shouldn't take too long after that.

15. pwet

pwet

Feb 13, 2009
    cool video,

just one stupid thought, i asked on the youtube page but i'll get more answer here.

noticed the stock is real thin, knowing that H1 is work hardening, i assume getting such a thin stock required more rolling, or surface grinding .... do you think it affects the hardness ??? like a super hard laser thin blade ?

anyway i got two dispatched.

16. JNewell

JNewell

Nov 18, 2005
    Great questions, but way above my pay grade. :D Hopefully someone with some real knowledge will chime in. A post from Sal or Phil Wilson, for starters, would be super. :)

17. Liveitloud

Liveitloud

Jul 1, 2006
    I have been waiting for this one for awhile and then I found out it had teeth. I know there's a lot of blade in front of the serrations but I just can't stand them. Nice knife anyway!

18. shunsui

Aug 12, 2008
    I don't like combo edge, but this one's a guilty pleasure knife. Usual Suspect Network has that whole Emerson thing going on. Surprised it doesn't have the wave opener too. ;) I was impressed at how well the USN Toxic Endura turned out so I was willing to give this one a lot of slack.

19. Liveitloud

Liveitloud

Jul 1, 2006
    I hear ya. I got the Endura and (refer to having teeth) have never used it. The only other knife I have with serrations is an old SS Native with PS. Never used it either. I tried, I just don't like them.

20. JNewell

JNewell

Nov 18, 2005
    For what it's worth (which might be nothing), the % of edge that is SE on this one is very small.