Celluloid handled slip joints

Will, are there any more of the above referenced knives available anywhere? The trapper I got from you at the Blade show(west) has grown on me over the last couple of weeks and I'd love to add a few more variations. TIA

Brian,

If you're talking about those neat tortoise celluloid limited edition folders, a forth has just been introduced.... a serpentine jack, 500 pieces vice the 1000 of the first 3 models (2 trappers and a lockback) with A.G. Russell being the exclusive distributor. Yes, all sport 1095 steel too!

------------------
-=[Bob Allman]=-

I did NOT escape from the institution! They gave me a day pass!

BFC member since the very beginning
Member: American Knife & Tool Institute
......... Varmint Hunters Association
......... National Rifle Association
......... Praire Thunder Inc.
......... Rapid City Rifle Club
......... Spearfish Rifle & Pistol Club
pending: Buck Collectors Club (prime interest: 532s)
Certified Talonite(r) enthusiast!

I have a handfull of the faux-tortoise stockmen. Gotta get that Camillus page done for my site!
smile.gif

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

Brain,
Glad you like the Trapper! Its my favorite too. We are sold out...but It hink AG RUSSELL has some and Jim Mattis should have a few left also. There are more out there in the 'pipeline', but you'll have to look for them. We have been real pleased with the way those folders turned out, and we plan on doing a series next year with Abalone Celluiod. Should be pretty much the same number of patterns, although we may drop one of the stockman's patterns and add something else. I've seen a proto with the 'Abalone' scales, they are gorgeous. But thats next year, get these 'Tortoise' folders while you can. And yes, next years models will have the same POLISHED 1095 carbon blades as this years do.

------------------
Stay Sharp!
Will Fennell
Camillus Cutlery

It's not my intention to put anyone in a hard spot here ..... I've heard that Camillus makes the carbon steel green handled pocket knives for Remington, and was wondering what differences besides handle material there would be compared to the faux tortise shell models ? I've asked for some of the tortise shell models from Santa, and hope that they're still around by the time my better half gets the order in.

Thanks, Will. I've emailed James, hopefully can put a couple of the other models in my "stable". I'm sure the abalone scales will be equally pretty, looking forward to them.

Johno,
You know the drill...'I can neither confirm or deny that rumor about Remington and Camillus'.

I will say that we put alot of extra time in finishing the CAMILLUS CELLULIOD SERIES knives, not casting dispersions on the REMINGTON line. We consider the CELLULIOD to be a 'premium' line.

This is a good time for me to cover a delicate point about CAMILLUS. We are a major OEM producer of knives for other US knife companies. This is well known. We DO NOT however make a habit of discussing our relationships with these customers in public.
Guys, please don't put Phil and I on the spot by asking questions that we should not and will not answer. I hope you guys understand.

To quell the latest rumor,...we do not now, or have we ever produced ANY knives for FROST CUTLERY or CHRIS REEVES KNIVES. Anything else is up for speculation......

------------------
Stay Sharp!
Will Fennell
Camillus Cutlery

I have a large stockman on order from James Mattis.

When I chatted with him Sunday evening he had four pieces remaining (including the one wending its way to me.)

Looks like a nice series, Will, and glad to see that Camillus is rolling up their sleeves and stepping into the fray.

Blues

------------------
Live Free or Die

Well, the large stockman just arrived thanks to the efforts of James Mattis/Chai Cutlery.

What a nice little slip joint.

The blades came reasonably sharp out of the box, and there was minimal scuffing due to the nesting of the three blades.

The faux tortoise celluloid scales are very nicely done, immediately bringing to mind the knives my grandfather used to carry.

All in all a nice carbon steel bladed pocketknife for a very reasonable price.
(The 1095 steel takes a touch-up quickly, by the way.)

Keep 'em coming, Will.

Blues

------------------
Live Free or Die

Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I've got my fingers and toes crossed!!

------------------
A dedicated ELU
Buck Collectors Club Member
Knifeknut(just ask my wife)

Back