1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 3 of the BladeForums 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Busse Combat Custom Shop Flak Jack, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday January 19!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Congratulations winners! The Week 2 Giveaway has ended over on our YouTube Channel and here are the winners:
    BladeForums Logo Sticker: Impulse600
    BladeForums Velcro Patch: garythegoat
    BladeForums Logo Tshirt: crocgator106
    BladeForums paid subscription upgrade: billygoat78

Darrel Ralph Dominator 35: norcaldude Winners will be contacted by PM / email, so look for my message!

Central FL, Gator cutlery club knife show Feb 1,2,&3

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by st8yd, Jan 11, 2019 at 7:56 PM.

1. st8yd

st8yd Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Just an FYI to anyone local to the area. It's the only knife show I'm aware of in the area.

jstrange likes this.
  2. PNW Leather

PNW Leather Leather Craftsman Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    Gator skin easy to get there or protected?

3. st8yd

Mar 6, 2009
    It should be commercially available. Don't know if anyone will have it or not. It's been a few years since I've been.
    We do have a hunting season on them and they are often processed and the hides sold, not to mention the gator farms as well.

4. David Nowlin

David Nowlin Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I live in east central Florida. Where exactly is that show Orlando?

5. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    ^lakeland....polk county.

6. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    Ok about 1 1/2 hour drive for me. It's bubble not double do able.
    Gotta love dictation??

7. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    We have a gun & knife show every other month here but its really a gun show with a couple venders selling knives off of 5-6 tables. The other 40 tables are gun related.

8. st8yd

Mar 6, 2009
    Exactly, that's why I said "only knife show".

jbmonkey likes this.
  9. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    I've never been. looks big. lots of tables. worth a trip. imagine some good bucks might be had. thanks for the heads up St8yd.

10. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    Was just saying im used to what i just described so it will be great to go to a proper knife show. So whos going? I'll meey you there..... lol

11. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    It is a nice show. I was there last year and had a great time. It has a good eclectic mix of makers, collectors and dealers, but the scale and location lends itself to a relaxed and interesting environment.

n2s

12. bucksway

bucksway Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 7, 2007
    It's been years since I was there..But what made it stand out was how many Custom maker's set up and displayed and sold. The Randall collectors club had a big presence too..

13. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    Hmm, never even heard of it. I will have to go check it out. Thanks for the heads up.