CF large Sebenza 21 or CF large Inkosi?

Guys I am about to make my first CRK knife purchase. Should I go with the CF large 21 or is the new Inkosi CF a better choice. Remember I will be new to CRK knives and have never even had a chance to hold either model. I am an auto/flipper collector. I carry a PM2 for EDC but want to upgrade to a CRK. Which model once broken in would flick better? Yes I know they aren't made for flipping or so I have read over and over again.

Neither will flick well since the knives aren’t designed for that. I’d say an Umnumzaan would flick better since the thumb stud is in a parallel position to the handle.

Reactions: HST
Despite the bushing in the 21 my Inkosi is actually the one with the freer action. Not that my small and large 21s aren't smoother than a baby's butt. The Inkosi though is literally a freedropper if I take lockbar tension off.

I would say though if you are into flicking or flipping knives Chris Reeve knives is not for you. The knives are just not set up to flick very well. Infact the idea of people flicking his knives annoys Chris Reeve who advises against it.

That said once broken in my small 21 is an absolute joy to flick out. However even my ultra smooth large Inkosi does not flip well as the knife is simply not built with flipping in mind.

You should check out the Olamic 2/47 or maybe a Freeman flipper if you are into flipper knives.

Are you looking for a knife which is flicked by thumbstuds and not flipper tab specifically?

Neither will flick well since the knives aren’t designed for that. I’d say an Umnumzaan would flick better since the thumb stud is in a parallel position to the handle.
Yeah I don't plan on using it as a flipper/flick knife just a EDC. I was wondering because I see alot of guys flicking the 21's on Youtube but not many videos of Inkosi.

Despite the bushing in the 21 my Inkosi is actually the one with the freer action. Not that my small and large 21s aren't smoother than a baby's butt. The Inkosi though is literally a freedropper if I take lockbar tension off.

I would say though if you are into flicking or flipping knives Chris Reeve knives is not for you. The knives are just not set up to flick very well. Infact the idea of people flicking his knives annoys Chris Reeve who advises against it.

That said once broken in my small 21 is an absolute joy to flick out. However even my ultra smooth large Inkosi does not flip well as the knife is simply not built with flipping in mind.

You should check out the Olamic 2/47 or maybe a Freeman flipper if you are into flipper knives.

Are you looking for a knife which is flicked by thumbstuds and not flipper tab specifically?
Thanks for the info. Which would you say you like in general more for EDC 21 or Inkosi?

Yeah I don't plan on using it as a flipper/flick knife just a EDC. I was wondering because I see alot of guys flicking the 21's on Youtube but not many videos of Inkosi.

The ceramic ball which doubles as the dedent on the Inkosi probably retains the blade more than on the 21. Again, neither will flick well with the thumb stud position. Try an Umnumzaan!

Of the two there’s small differences but either is a good choice. What do you prefer in a knife?

Reactions: HST
The large Inkosi is my preferred. However it might be for a reason that wouldn't bother you. I am left handed and my Inkosi is a righty model. The Inkosis come standard with dual thumbstuds. That means I can more easily carry it in my left pocket. For my Sebenzas they have no left hand thumbstud.

For a right handed person it is largely a wash.

The large Inkosi is my preferred. However it might be for a reason that wouldn't bother you. I am left handed and my Inkosi is a righty model. The Inkosis come standard with dual thumbstuds. That means I can more easily carry it in my left pocket. For my Sebenzas they have no left hand thumbstud.

For a right handed person it is largely a wash.
I'm not a CRK guy yet but don't they make the 21 in left handed version. They have some on knife art website.

Inkosi flicks better no doubt based on my CRK. I cannot stress the iconic pivot bushing though. Maintenance on 21 is easier since you dont have to take the knife apart, just the pivot. Additionaly, the 21 feels better in hand, better grip. The Inkosi, while it has finger groves the spine is not straight (curved inward), therby giving you smaller grip surface compared to 21.

Both are great knives regardless though.

Inkosi flicks better no doubt based on my CRK. I cannot stress the iconic pivot bushing though. Maintenance on 21 is easier since you dont have to take the knife apart, just the pivot. Additionaly, the 21 feels better in hand, better grip. The Inkosi, while it has finger groves the spine is not straight (curved inward), therby giving you smaller grip surface compared to 21.

Both are great knives regardless though.
Thanks. I'm really debating on which one to get. Or my other choice will cost me 650 but I need a break from flippers. Want something I don't need to keep locked up in a safe.

Regardless of what you get, you're gonna have to get through the break in period. Yeah, they're that tight new. Once everything mates together, then it will become more "flickable":D if you so choose.
Since this will be your first CRK, it would almost be sacrilegious not to get a 21. :eek:

I'm not a CRK guy yet but don't they make the 21 in left handed version. They have some on knife art website.

There is a leftie 21 but i got mine from my local knife store which only gets righties in stock. Its not that bad I just flick the thumbstud with my middle finger on my left hand, which opens the knife up enough for me to use my thumb to open it the rest of the way.

Btw my Large Inkosi I can sort of front flipper thumb roll the knife open by the jimping on the blade's spine.

Last edited:
There is a leftie 21 but i got mine from my local knife store which only gets righties in stock. Its not that bad I just flick the thumbstud with my middle finger on my left hand, which opens the knife up enough for me to use my thumb to open it the rest of the way.

Btw my Large Inkosi I can sort of front flipper thumb roll the knife open by the jimping on the blade's spine.
I may end up getting a Burger Atlas and go with the Sebenza 21 for now. Just to get my CRK feet wet. I have been mostly collecting Auto's for many years now and love flippers as well. But I do want to get a 21 to have as a alternative EDC rather than the PM2 I have now.

Regardless of what you get, you're gonna have to get through the break in period. Yeah, they're that tight new. Once everything mates together, then it will become more "flickable":D if you so choose.
Since this will be your first CRK, it would almost be sacrilegious not to get a 21. :eek:
Yeah I think I will end up going 21 might as well start with their original design.

Yeah I think I will end up going 21 might as well start with their original design.

I'm going to add this. The small 21 has abit longer of a handle than the small inkosi. The Large Inkosi and 21 have the same handle length apparently.

Like @Josk K said, try the ‘Zaan. It flick way easier than the Inkosi or 21. I do feel the 21 or Inkosi are better for edc.

I honestly could not say I have a real preference among the Sebenza Classic/21/25, Inkosi, and Umnumzaan. My favorite is usually the one in my hand. All of them are excellent. You really need to handle them for yourself but if that’s not possible then I would take the advice above and go with the 21 for an entry into CRKs.

Back