• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

CHALLENGE

I want everyone..yea sure...Well I do...to make a musical instrument in the coming months with just a knife or knives....you can use any materials, but no other tools except a knife!
There are many you can make, from whistles to drumsticks, clackers, even a xylophone, no really!!This will probably go over like a LED ZEPPELIN..well I,m workin on a travel guitar..
wink.gif

If you'll expand the project to include a Leatherman tool, I'll try.

Chuck

Does whittling two sticks and hitting them together count as a musical instrument
smile.gif
smile.gif

Yes YODA my son, let the force lead you to hear the sounds of the wood, and when the music is over(THE DOORS)...you can rub them together and make a fire, but I would rather see you make an organic lite saber, you know with a nice rosewood or koa wood handle... now go whittle..hohoho
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------
No seriously, I read where these guys from down under made all these instuments(DIDGERADOO, drums and other weird stuff) like 800 years ago with just knives!! So I started this project..But, being honest, did use a jig saw for the back, sides and top..but so far the rest works off an array of knives...It be taking a long time mon..
sincerely Bart

Well, a jigsaw is a form of a knife... with a motor attached.

Chuck

Back