1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

How do I? Change email from one account to paid account

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by LoveTheBlade, Jun 30, 2019.

1. LoveTheBlade

LoveTheBlade Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 1, 2003
    My paid account LovetheBlade is my main account, the email address is no longer accessible. I have a spare account that uses my main email, how can I change the email of my paid account to the email of my spare account.

Thank you

2. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    I'm not entirely certain that I understand your question.
    However, to change the email account linked to your BF user account, mouse over your user name at the top of this page to get a popup.
    Click "contact information".

3. benchwarmer380

benchwarmer380 Valyrian Member Platinum Member

Sep 17, 2012

Having two accounts here is a big no no. It'd be a better idea to request that they get merged or the other get deleted.

To change your email in the future, go to your Settings and then Contact Details.

4. benchwarmer380

benchwarmer380 Valyrian Member Platinum Member

Sep 17, 2012

This paid account of the OP has a now defunct email attached to it. His unnamed secondary account uses his preferred email and he wants to switch that email address so it is attached to this one.

5. knarfeng

Jul 30, 2006
    I did not get that out of the question, but if he does have two BF accounts, he needs to shut one down.

6. LoveTheBlade

Sep 1, 2003
    My other account has been closed per my request, but when I try to use my main email, it says it's still in use. Anything else I can do?

7. knarfeng

Jul 30, 2006
    Your email account must still be tied to the banned account.
    BF is a giant database. Databases don't like deletions. When we "delete" something, all we are really doing is setting a parameter that make the item invisible. The item is actually still there. So banning the account may not have solved the issue.

@Spark might be able to directly modify the database. Don't know if even the admin can do that. The XenForo software is very privacy conscious.

8. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    You'll need to switch your email in your old account to a new address. Or we can merge the accounts if you can show you control both by posting with each in this thread

9. knarfeng

Jul 30, 2006
    I can unban the other. Hang on.

10. knarfeng

Jul 30, 2006
    Browser123 is unbanned. Now if you can follow Spark's instruction he says he can fix it.

11. LoveTheBlade

Sep 1, 2003
    Here a post.

12. Browser123

Browser123

Jul 25, 2010
    There a post. Thank you.