Off Topic Changes to blade coating

Very sad to hear this. I had a cerrakoted knife that looked like a mess within a year of use. This is a major downgrade.
Indeed it is a major downgrade. Hopefully it’s temporary, and DLC/PVD makes a reappearance after their supply & production issues are resolved. Otherwise we will know that it’s more of a $$$ matter..

Does anyone know if there is any way to look at a Bugout (or the box) and tell whether it's the older DLC or newer Cerrakote?
I have bugouts bought during Aug-Sep so makes me wonder....

Does anyone know if there is any way to look at a Bugout (or the box) and tell whether it's the older DLC or newer Cerrakote?
I have bugouts bought during Aug-Sep so makes me wonder....
The PVD finish on the blade of my ranger green Bugout is a dead flat dark gray, matt & totally non reflective. Don’t have a Cerakoted Bugout, but the Cerakote on my newer M4 Bailout is a speckled dark gray with a slightly glossy sheen. Not sure if one can tell from the boxes.

The PVD finish on the blade of my ranger green Bugout is a dead flat dark gray, matt & totally non reflective. Don’t have a Cerakoted Bugout, but the Cerakote on my newer M4 Bailout is a speckled dark gray with a slightly glossy sheen. Not sure if one can tell from the boxes.
Excellent, thank you. Looks like I got older stock they look like PVD. Provided the Cerakoted bugouts look like the bailouts. I guess too soon to see any examples.

Back