1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Chaparral vs. Dice size comparison help

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by SyNaPsE, Sep 8, 2016.

1. SyNaPsE

SyNaPsE Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2016
    I tried searching the forums for a direct size comparison but couldn't find one. I understand they are different in many ways but as far as size goes pretty similar. I recently sold my Chaparral to upgrade to a Ti model and came across the Dice. Looks fun but my main concern is the width and feel in pocket. The Chap is amazingly slim and great for a work EDC.

Anybody have both that could snap a couple SxS photos? Thanks!

2. NjMS

NjMS

Feb 8, 2016
    I've got a Chaparral and a Domino. The Dice is just a stumpy Domino.

Nether are on me atm but it's really no size comparison. The Chaparral will dwarf the Dice in thickness and breadth in the pocket. Maybe google some Dice vs Sage 1 pictures. Then you can cross reference Sage 1 vs Chaparral pic's online.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

3. 115Italian

115Italian

Nov 13, 2015
    Google images. It pops up early in the list of pics.

4. ronT2

ronT2

Apr 23, 2016
    I have and carry both and that's an accurate statement. Love them both also.

[​IMG]

5. SyNaPsE

SyNaPsE Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2016
    Thanks for the responses guys.. any chance you could take a side by side to get a width comparison. I see a lot of overall size pictures but none that show the width or spine thickness. I really like the idea of the Dice but I am looking for something that is small and easy to slip into some dress pants that won't mark up the phone/pants. The Chap fits the bill perfect but not a huge back-lock guy.

6. kurt6652

kurt6652

Dec 9, 2008
    I have the chaparral and it really is a great knife. Mine will freely drop the blade closed with just depressing the lock. There was a break in period before it loosened up, it is a handy sized knife.

7. Sharp Guy

Sharp Guy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2016
    +1 I think the Chap is great! The back lock seems like it's a little more refined than some of the other models. Thin blade and thin knife overall.

8. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    I think there is a language problem, here. The Chaparral does not dwarf the Dice. That would mean it is larger. The Chaparral is very thin and it is not too tall. As you can see from the photo above, it is dwarfed by the Dice, which is much thicker, taller, and heavier, but has a shorter blade. The Chaparral is a wonderful daily carry knife.

9. ronT2

ronT2

Apr 23, 2016
    After really reading it, you're correct. You get a lot of blade in a small package. The Chaparral is one of my favorites for sure.

[​IMG]