Charge and Mag-lite Holster

I would like to know if anyone has a good way to carry both items in one holster. Also was wondering about the bit holder too. Any ideas out there?
I was looking at gun leather makers trying to find a double stack mag/mag-lite combo. No luck yet. How are all of you guys carrying your charge anyway?
Thanks for any info.

Charles

I have the Wave (old) and AA size maglite combo thing. It has a regular sheath to carry the Wave closed, and has a 2" long loop that you slip the shaft of the light down, on the left side of the sheath (when you look at it from the front).

I carry all of my multi tools in custom leather sheaths, that also have a side loop for whatever flashlight I carry with that combo.

My current EDC is a SOG PowerLock (replaced today via SOG's excellent warranty service!) with a Streamlight Scion. I also can carry my Surefire E2-e, or my Streamlight twin Task 2L in the loop if I choose. My other EDC combo is a Gerber 800 Legend, with the loop sized foreither the Scion, or the Twin task.

As for the Charge, a local dealer finally has them in stock, so I handled one today, along with a new style wave, and the old Wave. I like the fact that leatherman beefed up the pliers on both units, but I'm not sure if the Charge is worth the extra $30-40 over the new wave. I had intended on purchasing the Charge today, but I'm now going to hold off until I have the passaround for a bit. Should I win the passaround, or decide to purchase one, I will make a custom sheath for it, the bit holder, and for one of my flashlights.

if you are interested in a custom leather sheath, we have two great members here at BFC who make them to your specs. Gary Graley, and Lifter4him.
Run a search for them, and you can see pictures of their work. Absolutely outstanding sheaths by both, and very reasonably priced.

Thanks guys for the info. Now I have two more questions. Code 3, do you make the sheaths yourself or have them done? I am kinda thinking of trying to make one myself if it wont be extreamly difficult. I am starting to think that is the only way I will get what I want. Secondly, how much would it cost to have a custom sheath made (are you leather guys reading this?)? Also, a little off topic, how much better are these new "tactical" flashlights then the good old mag-lite? Mind you I am not a police officer an probably will never need to temporarily blind anyone. So, are they worth the investment or will my trusty mag-lite keep on doin the job? I was kinda checking out the e2-e the other day.

Thanks again for any info and for the welcome to the board,
Charles

chas9rr said:
Thanks guys for the info. Now I have two more questions. Code 3, do you make the sheaths yourself or have them done? I am kinda thinking of trying to make one myself if it wont be extreamly difficult. I am starting to think that is the only way I will get what I want. Secondly, how much would it cost to have a custom sheath made (are you leather guys reading this?)? Also, a little off topic, how much better are these new "tactical" flashlights then the good old mag-lite? Mind you I am not a police officer an probably will never need to temporarily blind anyone. So, are they worth the investment or will my trusty mag-lite keep on doin the job? I was kinda checking out the e2-e the other day.

Thanks again for any info and for the welcome to the board,
Charles

I make my own sheaths. They aren't nearly the quality that Lifter and Gary do, but they do look decent, are heavy duty, and very functional. I started out by buying a cheap leather sheath at K-Mart, and using it as a sort of template. Run a search on here for sheaths and sheathmaking, and you'll find some good info.

As far as cost of a custom sheath by either Lifter, or Gary, you need to contact them directly. They are both reasonable, and worth whatever they ask for their work. Run a search for 'Gary Graley' , and 'Lifter4Him', and you can see their work via their links.

As far as lights go, I'll never own another Mag-Lite again. The so called 'tactical lights' blow them away in durability, and sheer light output. Well worth the money. The E2-e is worth the money, and is probably 10 times or better brighter than your Mag.

Back