Charge Sheath

I JUST GOT MY NEW CHARGE TI W/THE NYLON SHEATH I WAS WONDERING WHAT ANYONE THOUGHT, WHICH IS BETTER OR LIKED BETTER, NYLON OR LEATHER SHEATH ON THIS MODEL? WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF EACH.

Personally, I think they both stink

There is little to no protection for the device - it is really easy dirt and grit to get to the tool. The elastic is, one or the other, not going to be all that great. It is going to either lose its stretch or fray.

I am having a custom sheath (leather) made for my Charge that will hold the charge, a bit holder and a small LED flashlight from Peak. I have always done that with all my multitools for exactly this reason - by and large and more and more - the sheaths that the MT manufacturers provide are pretty crummy.

I think that these sheaths are a step down from what Leatherman has supplied in the past.

J.

LM used to have a molded nylon sheath for the old wave. It was molded to the wave and fit perfectly. No stretchy stuff and held up like a tank. I still have the sheath, even though my old wave is retired.

In recent years, they had gone to a flat nylon sheath for most models :barf:

And I see that it's going downhill with the newest (juice line and Charge).

I am using a Bianchi leather clip-on holder for double-stack .40 pistol magazines. It is a Bianchi 20A-02 and fits the Charge like it was made for it.

I have bought a number of sheaths from leatherwork.com (Dix leatherworks). Unfortunately, I have not been able to get ahold of him for about 9 months.

He does make wonderful sheaths and if/when I do get ahold of him, I have about 3 more I want him to make. They are the best I have seen.

Regards,
John

Sidewinder said:
I use a sheath from tadgear.com Works well to hold the Charge and bit holder.

which one? I bought one from that looked like it would fit, and it doesn't - too narrow but length ok.

J

Back