Chase Axinn/Chaxknives

I would like to ask about Mr. Axinn's work. I'm aware that his customized folders are highly praised, but right now I need a small, tough beltknife about 1/4 inch thick and no more than 8 inch long, preferably with S30V steel with good heat-treating. His Tanto or Cipher models are looking like really good chices, but I wasn't able to find any information about his fixed-blades. They certainly look like durable ones, and I'm definately looking for a real user/workhorse.

Any answers appreciated.

Edited for spelling.

Hi,

It's good to see some interest in Chase's work! All of his knives make great user/utility pieces. They're superb as working tools.

The Cipher is oriented more for SD, and second for utility because of the chisel grind, but I'm sure it can be double ground for utility.

It originally came in 3/16" 154CM or S30V to be a SD, penetration and slicing piece that is thick and sturdy enough for light prying (spine pretty much full thickness until the tip).

The grip is designed to tuck into your palm, and the front guard is deep to prevent your hand from slipping onto the blade no matter what your hand is covered in. I'm sure it can be done in 1/4" thickness with a double grind. You can even have scales if you like.

They're a huge value, too. :)

-jon

(Full disclosure: I designed the Cipher and its variants.)

BTW, if you want to contact me or Chase off line, don't hesitate to email me.

-j

Thank you, I will certainly do that. BTW congrats for the Cipher, it is definately a cool design!

Excuse me biogon, did you get my e-mail? My Internet service provider is getting sloppy recently, and many of my e-mails lost in cyberspace.

Redguy,

That's strange... no, I never did. My email has been a little strange as of late as well. I think the Internet is taking its Holiday Break. Probably sitting somewhere in the Bahamas sipping mojitos and watching hot Hungarian chicks play beach volleyball. ;)

Please re-send it and I'll let you know if nothing shows up. Chances are, I will also forward it to Chase to directly respond, as he would be the most accurate source of information.

Thanks and I apologize.

-jon

No need to apologize, this is not your fault for shure. :D I'll resend the letter right away.

Bahamas... hot chicks... :cool: Well, the Internet could be right on this one. :D

i aided in a couple of designs with Chase. i own an 8" Keemosable fixed as well as a pair of custom designed neckers in s30v. i also have an M2 cutter's delight. the Keemosabe would be a good working kinife. i like his work for working blades. talk to the man himself and he'll steer you in the right direction.

Thank you gentleman, I order the knife right now. This will be my first custom! :D